The Home Depot

2.2

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

First, I applied online. I received a call over A MONTH after, to my surprise, and was interviewed over the phone, first by an machine and next by a representative, who asked me to 'Discuss a time in which I had to solve a problem or take a lead role in a position. How did you handle it?' and two other similar questions. The representative was impressed enough and set up an in-store interview for me promptly.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask many questions about situations in your previous position. If this is your first job, just discuss times involving school and extra-curriculars that you had to handle something not everyone does.   View Answer

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2013.

I applied online and a couple of days later I got a Email stating that they wanted to ask me some questions. I called right away the Rep asked like 4 basic experience questions. At the end of the phone call she offered me an in person Job Interview. I went the Interview a week and a half later. I was interviewed by the HR Manager, she asked me like 4 basic customer service questions. Got offered a part time job right after took the drug test right after now im just waiting for my schedule.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was that I had to be Flexible on the weekends if not I was not going to get hired.

Tool Rental Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in May 2013.

common personality questions, past experience, customer service, provide past examples of dealing with customers and what experience was learned. Know about construction materials. How to deal with an employee that does not do his/her job correctly, any past issues with management

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in April 2013.

If you are called for and interview you are pretty much hired. First they call you on a phone interview, and if the lady/guy gives you a personal interview you are hired.

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in January 2013.

The interview process was very easy. The Operations Manager just ask six behavioral questions and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Lead Generator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in August 2012.

Must apply online, no way around it. Took so long to get a response I forgot I applied. After a fairly lengthy phone interview they wanted to set up an in person interview. By then I had moved and asked if I could interview at one in particular "location "A" (I had applied at 6 or so) that was not the one that picked me out of the pool, "location B". The phone interviewer from a call center in Georgia said I could only interview at location B or I would be "tossed back into the pool" until I got noticed again. I made the appointment at location B but went in and found the HR department in location A and told them where I was in the interview process and that I would like to work for them. With a bit of insistence I got in even though they weren't hiring because I was overqualified but have a great work ethic.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you go to college to end up here?   View Answer
    No negotiation on pay was offered. They basically told me to go drug test and come to work. If I were to do it over I would have insisted on a higher wage not only based on my previous salaries, but because now I see that they pay as little as they can get away with and give their friends bigger raises than even good, hardworking, faithful "lifers". I believe pay should be based on merit and raises offered more often if warranted.

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in September 2010.

I was called in to the Office sat down and asked some RP questions. what do you do is you have a customer mad at you or one of your associates. how do you handle an associate's that is mad?

Interview Questions
    Just be your self., and say how much you like working with customers and that their need's come first and for most.

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in May 2010.

Got a call months after I applied, they asked all the basic questions no surprises.

They told me what they can offer and I asked for a little more and accepted

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot in June 2008.

9 years ago they had trained HR professionals to give interviews, now just managers with little training

Interview Questions
    Realize your worth, very few raises now so try to start with a decent wage