The Home Depot
Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
3 people found this helpful
Senior Financial Analyst Interview
I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.
I found the job through an Atlanta based recruiting agency (Bolton Group) and the process couldn't be easier. Once my resume was passed along to Home Depot HR, they scheduled a quick call on a Friday. It was a very general get to know you interview (i.e., tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, why Home Depot). It only lasted about 20 minutes, so part of me felt that it was too short to make an impression.
A couple of hours later, the HR contact called me back and scheduled an in-person interview on Monday. I already had plans to travel to ATL prior to getting the interview and letting them know that I was in the area for a few days prompted them to act fast.
The interview on Monday was incredible pleasant - it lasted 2 hours (although I was told, it would be 1 hour) and consisted solely of behavioral questions (i.e., we value attention to detail, great service, ability to communicate complicated ideas quickly and concisely - tell me some examples when you displayed these characteristics).
That same day Monday they had presented me with an offer that blew my mind. If Home Depot is interested in a candidate, they do not stretch the process out and do not feel the need to interview a certain number of candidates before making a decision. In short, this was the BEST interview experiences I expect I will ever have.
- Nothing too difficult - Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you went about correcting the errors that followed? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot
Senior Financial Analyst InterviewApplication Details
I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2009.Interview Details
You have to apply online for any Home Depot job. I applied online and also marked their Military Spouse employement program as a referral source. I heard back in about 3 weeks and had a pre-screening phone interview - fairly pleasant, lasted about 25 minutes. 1 week later had a 1:1 interview, asked many what would you do questions.
Did not receive an offer.Interview Questions
No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Describe a mistake or failure at work and how it impacted the organization. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Home Depot
- Sales Associate (245)
- Cashier (213)
- Part Time Cashier (62)
- Department Supervisor (56)
- Assistant Manager (28)
- Head Cashier (27)
- Freight Team Associate (24)
- Lot Associate (22)
- Store Manager (18)
- Customer Service Representative (16)
- Merchandiser (15)
- Merchandising Execution Associate (14)
- Special Services Associate (13)
- Home Depot Cashier (13)
- Sales Specialist (12)
- Specialty Sales Associate (11)
- Sales Associate - Seasonal Lawn and Garden (11)
- Lead Generator (10)
- Lot Attendant (10)
- Merchandise Execution Associate (10)
- Customer Service Associate (9)
- Department Manager (9)
- Garden Associate (8)
- Assistant Store Manager (8)
- Appliance Sales Specialist (7)
- ASM (7)
- Floor Associate (7)
- Garden Sales Associate (7)
- General Warehouse Associate (7)
- Freight Team (7)