The Home Depot Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014
Updated Aug 27, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

first round is a fone call. then there is a behavioral portion, a skills test, a business case and a group activity. Know a lot of finance concepts and have good presentation skills

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

I found the job through an Atlanta based recruiting agency (Bolton Group) and the process couldn't be easier. Once my resume was passed along to Home Depot HR, they scheduled a quick call on a Friday. It was a very general get to know you interview (i.e., tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, why Home Depot). It only lasted about 20 minutes, so part of me felt that it was too short to make an impression.

A couple of hours later, the HR contact called me back and scheduled an in-person interview on Monday. I already had plans to travel to ATL prior to getting the interview and letting them know that I was in the area for a few days prompted them to act fast.

The interview on Monday was incredible pleasant - it lasted 2 hours (although I was told, it would be 1 hour) and consisted solely of behavioral questions (i.e., we value attention to detail, great service, ability to communicate complicated ideas quickly and concisely - tell me some examples when you displayed these characteristics).

That same day Monday they had presented me with an offer that blew my mind. If Home Depot is interested in a candidate, they do not stretch the process out and do not feel the need to interview a certain number of candidates before making a decision. In short, this was the BEST interview experiences I expect I will ever have.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult - Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you went about correcting the errors that followed?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation needed - their offer was mind blowing. They wen't above their standard salary range for the level, but unfortunately no relocation or front-end bonus. No worries about that though - their benefits and semi-annual bonuses are too great to pass on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2009.

You have to apply online for any Home Depot job. I applied online and also marked their Military Spouse employement program as a referral source. I heard back in about 3 weeks and had a pre-screening phone interview - fairly pleasant, lasted about 25 minutes. 1 week later had a 1:1 interview, asked many what would you do questions.

Did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a mistake or failure at work and how it impacted the organization.   Answer Question

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!