The Home Depot Specialty Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Durham, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2014.

Took all the tests repeatedly, finally go to interview and the manager isn't there talk to another manager, this happened repeatedly with different managers never the manager for the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in January 2014.

Very poor refused to view resume stated my previous work experience is of "NO VALUE" I could not work where i am not viewed as bringing Value to the work place not axxeptable to me

Interview Questions
    • Start at minimun wage regardless of past work experience experience dismissed   View Answer

Told my Skill set of 30 years as a carpenter was of no value to Home depot "REALLY" thats what was said to me in interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2013.

Applied on the THD website, selected every non-supervisory position listed. Proceeded to an online test. Some basic math questions, some questions of a "What would you do?" sort. Received a call for an in-person interview. Met with and Assistant. Set-up a time for a second interview with the Store Manager and was hired in Mill-work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would approach a customer and what would you say?   View Answer
    None really, I did not push the matter at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2013.

I was made to feel comfortable and accepted regardless of what I said about myself. The interviewer and I got to know each other by talking about our personal lives and our personal viewpoints. The interview was almost like a conversation and I thought this was great. I just wished they would have told me more about the politics that happen and especially in the Kitchen and Bath Department with Mudher.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest thing you have ever done in your life?   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot.

The Home Depot emails you to set up a phone interview. After you do that, you'll get a store interview, and if your interviewer thinks you'd be good for an open position, they'll schedule a second interview. The second interview is just to get another managers opinion, in my case, the first interview was all Q&A, and the second interview was just a conversation, with the assistant store manager taking notes as we talked. Very casual.

Interview Questions
    • In my first interview I was asked what past job experience I had the most trouble with. The question kind of blind sided me.   Answer Question
    They tell you what you are going to make an hour and you either accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2013.

Easy interview process. Made you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • What can you expect to get from this job?   View Answer
    Set wage pricing

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2013.

Interview was actually really streamlined and fast

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2012.

Applied online and received an automated call to which I made responses, then an operator came on the line to ask a few more qualifying questions. Later that day I received a live call requesting me to report to the store for an interview. The appointment was scheduled. When I arrived, the person I was to interview with was unavailable, so he has arranged for another Assistant Manager and a Department Head to interview me. I was asked to return to interview with the Store Manager who offered me the position in Appliances. I returned later that day after an interview with another company, to accept the position and spoke with the ASM that I was originally scheduled with, filled out background check information and took my paperwork to the lab for drug and alcohol screening.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult was asked during my interviews.   Answer Question
    They made a dollar offer, and I counter offered slightly higher. The store manager called and got an approval.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Banos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Banos, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2012.

I was called for an interview, went through the basic questions that are always asked and was given a date and time for the interview. I arrived early for the interview, asked for the store manager, who told me to go wait in the training room hallway. I did as told, said hello to the employees that were there and waited. After the interview start time passed. the store manager finally came back, printed my paperwork from his computer, left the papers on the table, face up, which showed I scored high on all categories of the application process, he told me to have a seat and he would get the employees that were to do my interview to come back in a few minutes. Fifteen minutes later, thirty minutes after the start time of the interview was supposed to have started, two employees came in, introduced themselves and led the worst-style of interview I have ever had. They were not organized, keep checking to see what they were going to ask, didn't know what questions they were told to ask by the store manager, kept saying the other one was supposed to ask the questions and after they were done, said "We will call you or if you didn't get the job, a lot of times we just don't call you, but we might call you if you didn't get the job, would that be OK?" I told them to please call me if I got the job or not. The confused supervisors still haven't called, not a surprise with the way they acted during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All were the basic questions you would expect, because they read from the papers left on the table by the store manager. One they kept asking was about my seasonal job, that I wasn't going back to, due to the commute and not driving any more, which I explained at least 5 times about and they still couldn't understand that I wanted to work near where I live. What part of that was confusing, maybe they just didn't understand because they didn't have it written down in front of them to read from.   View Answers (5)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2011.

Had a telephone interview first and then received a call back with a time and date for a face to face interview. I met with an assistant store manager who asked about my experience in retail sales and customer service. Of course I had been dealing with the public for a long time so that was not a problem for me and besides I like people. Other than that it was a straight forward interview with typcal questions like, why I wanted to work for Home Depot and what I thought I could bring to the team to help it or improve it.

Interview Questions
    I was offered an hourly rate and I accepted it

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!