The Home Depot Specialty Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.2

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The online info and interview was tedious at best. The online questionnaire was too long. I suspect this is designed to filter out people, but based on some of the people I work with I am amazed they got past it and received a job. Having been a manager at a national retailer I think they are just filling with warm bodies not really adding people who will become long term assets.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer looking for something in the store!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, got follow up call from robot, then was transferred to a person in a call center who asked generic form questions. Passed that hurdle, got an interview set up at the store. Met with the department manager, who asked generic form questions. Decision is made by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions about working as a team, handling difficult customers.   Answer Question

Low pay.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Poway, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Did online personality survey and application. Told I did not qualify. Got a call from Atlanta (headquarter) and did the over the phone interview. They want to know you're availible 24/7. Made appointment for in store 1-1 interview. Met with HR specialist and department head was hired on the spot. Barked to be just a time filler hey just want 24/7 availability. Process was way to long for pay compensation and hours offered.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekend?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation!

Anonymous Employee in North East Junction, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (North East Junction, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Simple scripted questions. Met with the HR Manager who has the questions, and then Assistant Manager. They asked which department I wanted to work. They offered me the position on the spot. They were both down to earth people.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a difficult customer you had to deal with? and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Specialty Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Home Depot in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and took a quiz to determine my most suitable placement in Home Depot. Then I went into the store to be interviewed in person. The person that was supposed to interview me was not working so I was interviewed by someone else. Later, I had a second interview with an Assistant Manager who oversees the department I was going to be placed in.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were typical and there were no questions regarding my knowledge of the products that Home Depot carried. Many questions were based upon my ethics, past job situations and relationships with co-workers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any type of negotiation for the job or the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Savannah, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

Simple question and answer first with the Assistant Manager for the department you applied for then the store manager. In addition they require that you take a drug test and have a background check. Go to the interview professoinally

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in sales   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Durham, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Took all the tests repeatedly, finally go to interview and the manager isn't there talk to another manager, this happened repeatedly with different managers never the manager for the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Alexandria, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very poor refused to view resume stated my previous work experience is of "NO VALUE" I could not work where i am not viewed as bringing Value to the work place not axxeptable to me

Interview Questions

• Start at minimun wage regardless of past work experience experience dismissed   1 Answer

Told my Skill set of 30 years as a carpenter was of no value to Home depot "REALLY" thats what was said to me in interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Home Depot (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on the THD website, selected every non-supervisory position listed. Proceeded to an online test. Some basic math questions, some questions of a "What would you do?" sort. Received a call for an in-person interview. Met with and Assistant. Set-up a time for a second interview with the Store Manager and was hired in Mill-work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would approach a customer and what would you say?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None really, I did not push the matter at all.

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Home Depot (Falls Church, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was made to feel comfortable and accepted regardless of what I said about myself. The interviewer and I got to know each other by talking about our personal lives and our personal viewpoints. The interview was almost like a conversation and I thought this was great. I just wished they would have told me more about the politics that happen and especially in the Kitchen and Bath Department with Mudher.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you have ever done in your life?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.