The Home Depot

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Chesterfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was a former employee that was asked by management to return when I was in shopping. I completed the online application and got the position.

Interview Question – No difficulty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My advice is to give every employer you work for 100 percent and always leave on good terms. When you least expect, you may find that they miss your efforts and you may be offered a position with much more pay.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had an initial meeting with the store and assistant store manager. their standard procedure is to do a quick phone interview for initial screening then your second formal interview is with hiring manager. you will go over questions revolving around your past experience. The ASM asked me to do a mock sale to show my competence in question and listening with the customer.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I am coming from an outside sales position and have worked in a similar industry in the past. I thought the pay was low compared to when worked in a commission environment with very similar products.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Interview Details – took thirty minutes, asked alot of behavioral based questions,

Interview Question – tell me about a time when u failed to meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – depending on experience

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2009.

Interview Details – After the phone interview. Spent five hours taking test and had a 2 on 1 interview. I was told all part of the hiring process are numbered then you get a toral score. When a store need someone they pull from the top people and interview at the store. Some questions in my interview were difficult, diversity in the workplace how to handle it. They need to update the questions.

Interview Question – After I was done with all the interviews and testing.   View Answer

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!