The Home Depot

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pro Account Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in October 2014.

The interviewer was quite thorough on the position available, responsibilities, benefits of the company. The interviewer was not prepared to discuss salary for the position. The interviewer presented in-store situations with problems arising with customers and seeking answers of how would it be handled.

Interview Questions

I had an offer for another position.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Process started with automated phone questions which anyone could answer. Then I was transfered to a live person who asked me several more questions. I was told after answering the questions that I had passed that portion of the interview process. Then that live person scheduled a face to face interview at the local Home Depot store. Face to face interview at store was with a woman who seemed like she could care less about me, the interview, or her job. The interviewer did no make eye contact with me, she seemed distracted, and was unprofessional. She gave me very little information and did not explain to me the purpose for, or the reason why, she was requesting certain information from me. The interview lasted about ten minutes. Two weeks passed and I got a call from the lady who interviewed me requesting that I provide a state I.D. in order for them to run a background check. I was asked at that time if I was still interested in a position at Home Depot. I was told that the position I applied for was no longer available but they were considering me for other positions but did not tell me which ones.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   View Answer

After face to face interview at the store I decided that it was not a work environment that I wanted to be a part of.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2013.

I had an initial meeting with the store and assistant store manager. their standard procedure is to do a quick phone interview for initial screening then your second formal interview is with hiring manager. you will go over questions revolving around your past experience. The ASM asked me to do a mock sale to show my competence in question and listening with the customer.

Interview Questions

I am coming from an outside sales position and have worked in a similar industry in the past. I thought the pay was low compared to when worked in a commission environment with very similar products.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Home Depot in October 2010.

I was a former employee that was asked by management to return when I was in shopping. I completed the online application and got the position.

Interview Questions
    My advice is to give every employer you work for 100 percent and always leave on good terms. When you least expect, you may find that they miss your efforts and you may be offered a position with much more pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

took thirty minutes, asked alot of behavioral based questions,

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when u failed to meet a deadline?   Answer Question
    depending on experience

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Short phone interview, In person interview, and drug screening directly after...very slow to call though...very slow to get me in for initial training...then you spend a couple weeks doing "Rapid Web Based Training" Depending on your position you might have more or less training to do. Aside from that it was just paperwork and waiting three weeks for the drug screening results

Interview Questions
    • None...All of the questions were simple and easy, Like If you were in this situation what would you do, Is stealing okay, or Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with this or that   View Answer
    Zero negotiation possible just take it or leave it at 8.35

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot in July 2009.

After the phone interview. Spent five hours taking test and had a 2 on 1 interview. I was told all part of the hiring process are numbered then you get a toral score. When a store need someone they pull from the top people and interview at the store. Some questions in my interview were difficult, diversity in the workplace how to handle it. They need to update the questions.

Interview Questions
    • After I was done with all the interviews and testing.   View Answer