The Home Depot Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Panel interview about 45 miutes

Interview Questions

• Interviews are situational based. Be prepared to speak about specific examples- not hypothetical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is typically the offer- not a lot of room for negotiation. Home Depot expects you to prove your worth to them before they pay.

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2013.

Interview

Very in depth with several interviews including but not limited to 1 phone interview and two face to face interviews. 1 with district staff and 1 with regional staff. Overall fairly basic questions just several parts to each question.

Interview Questions

• Difficult task that u were unable to complete   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Canton, MA).

Interview

4 Interviews, one phone, one RMA, Assessment, Meet with D.M, Meet with V.P.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Brutal

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

You always get a fit interview, test, aptitude on solving problems and dealing with everyday situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offer or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI).

Interview

You will attend an assessment with approx 4-6 other candidates. You are watched and graded on everything. Dress, timeliness, questions, interactions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Specific product knowledge questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to add one week vacation and $5,000 more in salary.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Knoxville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

3 tests, interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

You'll get a call from the District Human Resource Manager or the Regional Administrative Assistant to schedule a face to face interview. The interview will be with the District Manager and the District Human Resource Manager. It's going to be very structure with some casual conversation (be ready to talk about something not work related). If you pass this interview you'll be sent to interview with the RVP and the Regional HR director.

Interview Questions

• "Talk about a time where you drove diversity and inclusion in your business?".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Simple, online process, then a fit interview, some questions a survey. It's a pretty straight forward process. I dressed well for interview was nervous but came through. The dm and hr was there they asked some questions about my managerial style and I answered them well. It went good, and I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Sacramento, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

it is all about who you know core value questions Use STAR and base answers around core values

Negotiation

no negoation at all it is a flat pay line or nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2012.

Interview

Candidate selected first, then a series of "n+2" interviews are done, and then the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations are done at a regional level. District and store level have no decision making ability