The Home Depot Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Initially applied online. Received a call from Home Depot. Performed a phone screening interview .then in store interview by first one person then another.Job offer made a few days later contingent on drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with disgruntled person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Flat per hour rate offered.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

applied online, they called about a week later , interview on the phone, if you pass that interview they will schedule one for the store. The process usually takes 2 interviews but the manager hired me on the spot, however they changed the position they offered from sales associate to cashier.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you went out of your comfort zone for a team   Answer Question

Kitchen and Bath Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Palm Harbor, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

First call was from their Human Resource Center in Georgia. Asked if I was still interested in working for Home Depot. Also, they asked if I was flexible regarding work hours, including evenings and weekends.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked for help finding a product in a different department?   1 Answer

Merchandising Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Clearwater, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

At the Clearwater,Florida store for an interview the managment was not aware of the appointment; interview was conducted at high school level and the interveiwer behaved as such. The questions asked were the same as on the web pre-qualification. Truly amazing. I all my years, i've never encountered such impunity.

Interview Questions

• How do you like working with people who are often difficult?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Largo, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I got an email confirming my application was received. 5 days later I got another email saying to expect a phone call from the home depot staff center to ask me a few questions about my application. I then received another email 2 days later to let me know I have an interview scheduled. My interview was set up for one week later. I went in for interview and was called a few days later to offer me the job pending background and drug test. I had to wait almost 2 weeks later to start. Entire process took one month..

Interview Questions

• I was asked to go over my experience from my resume - asked what I have sold and how does that relate to what I would be selling there - how did I give good customer service to a customer - how would I handle a customer who was not happy   1 Answer

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied and was interviewed as an outside candidate for a management position. Passed the process and elected to remain near home, accepted a DS position. Entered into the FAST TRACK promo at store 256. Under this program you work a few months in each department to learn HD's processes and be more ready for your leadership role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in a management position in another city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I met with the store Manager whom was pretty tough, but we came to an agreement of compensation and expectation I would be in a Management position in this market, as soon as my Fast Track Training was completed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

First by phone, then in store. easy questions, standard answers. i dont think they really care. the in person interview consisted of about 5 questions, all standard stuff. first by phone, then an asst mgr interviewed me, then a one on one with the manager where he offered me a job. store manager is a good guy but has a so-so/hard reputation. i have been there a year now and havent seen that side of him. seems like a very nice guy

Flooring Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

This was an internal interview. The interview process differs just a bit. It consists of two parts, a formal and informal. The Formal interview is more or less a question and answer (what would you do in this situation?). The Informal is a conversation between you and the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• It comes down to dealing with difficult customers who want odd things. How would you deal with a customer that is mad because she can't get an install date that she wants.   Answer Question

Bilingual Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Tampa, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Homedepot.com careers, applied fir as many positions in as many stores close to me as possible. I'm not bilingual. They liked me and hired me any way. Received an email to schedule a phone interview from corporate. They asked about specific situations in my professional experience dealing with customers. I described respecting irate costumers, clients, and coworkers and how Ikept calm, acknowledged they were today, told them I'll do everything I can to help, then followed through. Then I got a call from the hr employee from a local store and scheduled an interview with the assistant store manager in charge of the front end. I interviewed with the assistant store manager. I was asked to describe managing employees and schedules. I described taking time to understand employee and client needs, actively listening and making sure I inversions what they needed, and following through. I wad asked about working in teams and I described putting together business plans with my previous boss and co workers. I them got called back to interview with the store manager. Similar questions. The manager offered me the position in the spot during the interview. I should mention I expressed my interest in working for a company like The Home Depot that us financially secure, had training and advancement opportunities, and benefits like healthcare and stock discounts.

Negotiation

None, take 825 an hour

Merchandise Execution Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Brandon, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview,went well, called me back for face to face, said they would call back in 2-3 days, Never heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult customer or situation and how you handaled it.   Answer Question