The Houston Chronicle Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.2

Sales Executive Interview

I was interview and asked a number of questions like: Where do you see yourself in 5 years and What would your old boss say about your work ethic. The interview when well and I liked the person interviewing me. They were fair and answered my questions about the company. They were surprised that I asked questions.

District Manager Interview

There were 3 interview stages

Media Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Houston Chronicle.

Slow process. Took a few months.

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Houston Chronicle.

Interview and then a long wait.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Houston Chronicle in November 2013.

The interview was with a staffing agency.
    The lady was really impressed that i wore a suit...
    I was a bit dumbfounded at how unprofessional she was.
    I got hired on the spot and was actually offered a better job than what i went in for.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all.
    She offered me a job that was more than i expected and i took it.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in August 2013.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!!!!! They gave background check, drug test, and called me downtown 3 times and no answer. They will leave you hanging! I paid for parking and used my gas. I can't believe my time was waisted like this. No respect, when you show up for interview, they slow around when coming to get you.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Houston Chronicle in February 2013.

I applied online and then directly emailed the head of HR. He set up a phone interview with me, and it went great. He said they were very interested in me, so he would set up an interview with the manager of the Marketing department, and they would get me "rockin' and rollin'!" I assumed all was well, but after a few days, I contacted him again, and he pushed me off on another HR rep. I reached out to her a couple of times, and nothing else happened. They lead me on, and it was a complete waste of my time. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Somewhat casual - basic resume review, details on what I can bring to the team, why I want to work there, etc.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in January 2013.

I had a colleague from a previous employer that worked in the organization who socialized my availability, experience, and able to discern to level of interest in pursuing. A direct dialogue was established and initial interview scheduled promptly with key members of the team. The relationships between behaviors, corporate culture and business performance are clearly understood and an integral part of their selection criteria. This is very refreshing in a large company and the leadership team in genuinely interested in ensuring the right types of people are placed within the right parts of the organization.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected - Do your homework and be ready to talk about results and how you can contribute and/or impact the business.   Answer Question

Digital Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Houston Chronicle in October 2012.

Short and sweet

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I tried but they wouldnt budge.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Houston Chronicle in November 2011.

I had a brief interview with The Chronicle at a job fair. Like most companies in this competitive environment, they are looking for a specific skill set. The recruiter was very pleasant and upfront about job requirements. Unfortunately, they did not have anything that available that matched my particular skill set. It is definitely a buyer's market for employers these days.