The Houston Chronicle

Interview Details – There were 3 interview stages

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and then directly emailed the head of HR. He set up a phone interview with me, and it went great. He said they were very interested in me, so he would set up an interview with the manager of the Marketing department, and they would get me "rockin' and rollin'!" I assumed all was well, but after a few days, I contacted him again, and he pushed me off on another HR rep. I reached out to her a couple of times, and nothing else happened. They lead me on, and it was a complete waste of my time. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Somewhat casual - basic resume review, details on what I can bring to the team, why I want to work there, etc.   Answer Question

Media Coordinator Interview

Media Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle.

Interview Details – Slow process. Took a few months.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in June 2010.

Interview Details – Can be hard to get in door unless you know someone. Multiple interviews. Multiple open positions so you could meet with numerous managers and teams for a first interview. Many layers of management so you can meet with the different layers. On boarding process is hit or miss. Sometimes they offer training, sometimes they do not offer training.

Reporter Interview

Reporter
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle.

Interview Details – Interview and then a long wait.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not attempt to negotiate.

Digital Sales Interview

Digital Sales
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in October 2012.

Interview Details – Short and sweet

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I tried but they wouldnt budge.

Very Easy Interview

Collections Interview

Collections
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in August 2013.

Interview Details – Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!!!!! They gave background check, drug test, and called me downtown 3 times and no answer. They will leave you hanging! I paid for parking and used my gas. I can't believe my time was waisted like this. No respect, when you show up for interview, they slow around when coming to get you.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in January 2013.

Interview Details – I had a colleague from a previous employer that worked in the organization who socialized my availability, experience, and able to discern to level of interest in pursuing. A direct dialogue was established and initial interview scheduled promptly with key members of the team. The relationships between behaviors, corporate culture and business performance are clearly understood and an integral part of their selection criteria. This is very refreshing in a large company and the leadership team in genuinely interested in ensuring the right types of people are placed within the right parts of the organization.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected - Do your homework and be ready to talk about results and how you can contribute and/or impact the business.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had a brief interview with The Chronicle at a job fair. Like most companies in this competitive environment, they are looking for a specific skill set. The recruiter was very pleasant and upfront about job requirements. Unfortunately, they did not have anything that available that matched my particular skill set. It is definitely a buyer's market for employers these days.

Interview Question – What type of sales person are you?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Houston Chronicle in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with HR and then with the sales manager

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Houston Chronicle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Houston Chronicle interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Houston Chronicle employees and interview candidates.