Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Institute of Cancer ResearchMore
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research.
I got invited for a phone interview a few days after the job posting closed, and invited for an in-person interview a day after that, which was conducted 2 weeks later. I was told that my references will be contacted before the in-person interview. I was asked to briefly present my previous research to the group. They were very polite and friendly and asked some questions about my work. I was given a tour of the lab/offices, taken for lunch and had a nice chat about future projects afterwards. I was offered the job the next day.
- The only non-scientific question was "How well do you perform in a team setting" Answer Question
There was no negotiation, the salary was already set to the maximum of the band that job was advertised in.
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
Applied online, got telephone interview a week after application deadline, invited for interview immediately after the telephone interview - had 2 weeks to prepare for this. Interview took 2 hours, with 30 minutes of presenting my PhD work to 3 interviewees. Got offer via telephone a week after interview
- Where would you like to be in 10 years' time? 1 Answer
No negotiations, offer of salary based on number of years of experience and fixed by HR. The offer was above natiional average and so i accepted it without qualms.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research.
Conducted by the P.I. of the lab that you apply to. I first had a phone interview and was invited to give presentation about my PhD research project to the P.I. and some members of the laboratory. I got introduced to everyone from the lab and was given a lab tour. The interview itself is quite informal.
- Most questions were technical about my current work but I was asked what was my weakness. Answer Question