The Institute of Cancer Research Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Institute of Cancer Research

Bioinformatician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research.

Interview

I got invited for a phone interview a few days after the job posting closed, and invited for an in-person interview a day after that, which was conducted 2 weeks later. I was told that my references will be contacted before the in-person interview. I was asked to briefly present my previous research to the group. They were very polite and friendly and asked some questions about my work. I was given a tour of the lab/offices, taken for lunch and had a nice chat about future projects afterwards. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• The only non-scientific question was "How well do you perform in a team setting"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was already set to the maximum of the band that job was advertised in.

Highr Scientific Officer Interview

Interview

Applied online, got telephone interview a week after application deadline, invited for interview immediately after the telephone interview - had 2 weeks to prepare for this. Interview took 2 hours, with 30 minutes of presenting my PhD work to 3 interviewees. Got offer via telephone a week after interview

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 10 years' time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, offer of salary based on number of years of experience and fixed by HR. The offer was above natiional average and so i accepted it without qualms.

Postdoctoral Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Institute of Cancer Research.

Interview

Conducted by the P.I. of the lab that you apply to. I first had a phone interview and was invited to give presentation about my PhD research project to the P.I. and some members of the laboratory. I got introduced to everyone from the lab and was given a lab tour. The interview itself is quite informal.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were technical about my current work but I was asked what was my weakness.   Answer Question