The J. M. Smucker Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH).

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Security Supervisor and Security Manager. Process 2 years ago seemed to be very thorough.Now process is supposed to be fast tracked and they aren't nearly as thorough with hiring

Interview Questions

• Interview has been awhile back that I do not remember any of the questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews with this company. A brief in person recruitment interview, a phone interview, then a long day of 8 interviews at the corporate facility. I was told I would be informed of my application status within 2-3 weeks. I think I finally heard back about 6-7 weeks later and I had already accepted another internship.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH).

Interview

Standard interview process phone interview then in person. Disappointed in phone interview though. Waited for 30 min for scheduled phone interview....no call recruiter called me a day later and said they got busy and tied up with meetings. Curious about their priorities and how they recruit. Even in person the recruiter didn't seem like they wanted to be there. Everyone else was fine. Just wish I would have been treated with more respect through the process.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Great Interview- was nice that they didn't interrogate me rather just wanted to chat and get to know me. I enjoyed the interview, I would suggest doing your homework before the interview and preparing, maybe reviewing the history of the company and philosophy. Overall I enjoyed my interview and the process did not take too long. Very impressed.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a conflict situation in the office?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

Overall a great process, interviewed with six people from different department's. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Hiring manager was very upfront with process around getting hired and what they are looking for in a candidate.

Application

Interview

The day after I dropped off my resume at their table at a career fair I got a call asking if I was interested in the position. I received another phone call to set up a phone interview. It was a pretty standard phone screening interview. I was told about the position, asked about past work experience from my resume and a few more general questions.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Cleveland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. They said I would hear something for sure within a week and I am still waiting. No email, letter or call. My resume was submitted 45 days earlier too. Supposedly over 100 applications.

Informational Services Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orrville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company (Orrville, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume online and heard back the following morning to set up a phone interview. The phone interview with HR recruiter went well. I heard back from HR two days later to set up a technical interview with two people and that went well as well. A week later, I was called in for face-to-face interview. I interviewed with 6 people. They said I would hear back in 1-2 weeks. Several people told me that even if I did not get an offer, they would call me back to discuss what if anything prevented me from getting the position. I was quite impressed by this. Two weeks later I got a call saying they were moving on with other candidates but no reason why or they did not mention anything about this call back that I was originally so impressed with.

Interview Questions

• If you had to make a decision right away with no supporting information what would you do?   Answer Question

Information Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

I found out about them through a career fair at a local University. I applied and withing a couple of weeks I received a phone call. I was interviewed over the phone for about 20 minutes. They asked me basic questions about my resume and asked me about my personal values and morals. They then said they would call me within a few weeks. Ten minutes later they called me to schedule and interview. My interview was about a month later, it consisted of about 5 interviewers asking questions. The first interviewer was with HR and she asked the same questions as the phone interview but with more detail. The other four interviewers were senior level employees from throughout the IT department. The questions they asked were mostly scenario based and a few technical questions. I think what they were looking for the most was your energy and willingness to learn, because I know I got a few questions wrong. I was eventually offered a position starting in the Summer, but a few weeks later they called and asked if I could start in the beginning of January instead.

Interview Questions

• They asked quite a few technical questions that as a fresh out of school student I was not familiar with. I would suggest brushing up on your technical knowledge before hand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called me and offered me a position starting in the Summer at $XX.XX. I said yes immediately

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The J. M. Smucker Company.

Interview

One of my former professors contacted me about an opening they thought I would be a good fit for. She forwarded my resume to them and within a few hours, they had contacted me to set up a phone interview. The representative who initially contacted me was very polite and seemed very interested in me. However, the actual interviewer was rude and seemed disinterested. She said they would call within a week but I never heard from them. The interview questions were pretty standard - why I wanted to work for Smucker and various behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part about your study abroad experience and how could you apply what you learned to working for Smucker?   Answer Question