The Job Window

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

1.5

Events Promotion Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Job Window.

The interview process here is one of the sloppiest I've ever been involved with. They responded to my applications (I also applied for another position) quickly, but the first phone screen I was supposed to have, the woman never even called. For both positions, the company pressured me to call and show up for an interview (in bizarre locations) as soon as possible because their client wanted to "wrap up" the interview process by the next day. Scripted much? I understand that clients want the hiring process completed quickly, but the Job Window makes it hard for people who already have work to obtain more meaningful work. Many of the positions are also deceptive - you have to read the fine print in the application process to discover that jobs are really direct face-to-face sales. My advice? Be more professional.

Event Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Job Window in July 2014.

I applied for the position because it sounded really interesting. I was called a few days later and went to the first interview and was told something completely different than what I had applied for. The interviewer told that this is a marketing company. They asked me about myself and told me a little about what the company was. I was also told that if they were interested in me that I would receive a call later that day for a second interview to actually see what they do on a daily. Second Interview: We talked about more about the company and what was expected of me. The interviewer spoke in detail about the job and it was nothing what I applied for.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Job Window? Who does Job Window work for?   Answer Question

This was not the job I applied for.

Public Relations and Communications Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Job Window in February 2014.

This company is very misleading. The job listing sounded like a good, professional marketing opportunity that would fit with my degree in Communication. However, once I got to the video describing the nature of the job, which is essentially handing out samples in SAMs, I decided not to proceed with the application. Apparently, it didn't matter, because I got multiple phone calls and emails despite asking them to leave me alone every single time. Long story short... Don't even talk to these people unless you really want to deal with deception and disrespect.

Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Job Window.

The interviewer seemed nice and friendly when I met him. However, my first thought walking through the office was "why is there ONLY women?" That sort of creeped me out a bit. It got worse because all the interviewer did was talk about the company like it was a sales pitch - lots of talk but no action. Kept saying "we are growing, we are growing". I did my research before the interview and it seems that the company has been around for more than a year and still hasn't really expanded. I didn't get a great vibe walking out of there.

It was a good experience in terms of practicing for interviews though.

Interview Questions

Company seemed sketchy and didn't like the fact that 95% of employees were female and owner was a male

Event Planner Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Job Window.

Applied online because of the job title and description which turned out to be very misleading. The position was actually retail/sales based, as are the rest of the job openings. The interview was more of a casual information session with minimal questions.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer did most of the talking, asking few questions that were pretty standard (i.e., how are you fit for this position?)   Answer Question

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Job Window in October 2013.

Job posting was misleading. The position is actually a retail-store marketing position where you promote products at Canadian Tire stores.

Interview Questions
    • Wouldn't know. I walked out of the interview as soon as the person who I assume was a hiring manager told me what the company does.   Answer Question