The Johns Hopkins Hospital Interview Questions & Reviews in Baltimore, MD

2.5

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in March 2013.

Fairly straightforward. The entire process took much longer than expected. From submission of application to time of hire took close to two months. There was a good bit of time between the first and second interviews. The second interview was a group interview and some of the participants seemed a bit unprepared. None of the interview questions were difficult or required extended thought. After job offer was made and accepted, another 2-3 weeks passed before orientation and first day of work.

Interview Questions
    I was upfront with my salary expectations and they were met without negotiation.

Senior Research Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

The PI was more interested in my appearance than my skills, knowledge and education. I interviewed for, and accepted, a position that was supposed to be challenging an interesting. Once I began, I learned that the job was neither. There was no interest in innovation, conducting research that could really benefit society, or even conducting research that was ethical. I was so disappointed.
    The hiring process was tedious. It took nearly 2 months to process my paperwork once an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, let alone questions that would allow the PI to truly assess my skills.   Answer Question
    I was told that the salary I was offered was the maximum for the position. Six months after starting, I learned that this was not the case. I worked with HR to correct this. It took another six months to bring my salary up to the level it should have been based on my years of experience, education, and skills. I was given a 30% increase, but it was not made retroactive, even though the PI admitted that the original salary was a mistake.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Submit an official application which is then formally reviewed and then you are notified for an interview. Ther was a follow up interview and then the selection was made. This was the process for an internship position, which then eventually lead to a full time job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel your resume places you in the top few percent of the qualified applicants, and why?   Answer Question
    Easy. It was the typical salary.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Easy to be picked up for a position after doing a clinical rotation for during school studies. Interview process has 3 steps, phone interview, preliminary interview, then full day interview with various managers, clinicians, and staff.

Interview Questions
    Interesting. This hospital does not pay as well as other area hospitals, you are getting to add the position to your resume, so suggest trying to work there early in your career. Offerred yet another position several years later, but they "could not afford" me.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in March 2010.

It was very relaxed.

Respiratory Care Practitioner I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in September 2011.

The interview process was very casual, even if it did take quite a bit to complete. The questions asked were pretty normal for any interview, evaluating how you would work with other people, how you started in this career, and questions about your schooling.

Administrative Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in October 2011.

It was mostly like all other phone interviews (first round). I interviewed two people separately and they asked the same questions so I was more ready and relax the second day. They talked about the position first and then asked routine behavioral questions.

Radiology - MRI Program Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in December 2010.

I was a student in The Johns Hopkins Hospital's Schools of Radiography and was on route to graduate the program and pass my boards as a radiographer. In order to do MRI you need to first be a radiographer. Being in the Hopkins' radiography program we were given the opportunity to apply to the CT program or MRI program. I chose MRI because thats what I was interested in. They asked me questions about what I knew about MRI. They asked me questions about my strengths, weaknesses, why they should pick me, and they also asked about if I had any previous experience in MRI. In order to be considered for an interview, you need to pay a application fee, apply, write an essay, and do a shadow day at the hospital in the MRI department.

Materials Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in December 2009.

I interviewed with my current boss and her boss.

Both interviews were casual. My current boss asked me a lot of questions about managing people. She asked me what i would do in situations where you have difficult employees. I later found out why, i would be managing difficult people.

My boss's boss was more concerned with my accomplishments at my other job and it was more of a discussion about how I could improve their process as I had in my previous job. Very casual, jokes told at both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How would you motivate a staff that is actively disengaged, when you have never done it before?   View Answer
    I was unable to negotiate because I was an internal transfer and the company was under financial stress. I knew going into all I could could get was the minimum of the job's salary bracket.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in July 2009.

They were very fast to respond after the interview. Great experience. Friendly. Questions were written ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest client you have had to deal with and what you did   Answer Question
    • How you would deal with a manager that gave you too many tasks   Answer Question

Worked for The Johns Hopkins Hospital? Contribute to the Community!