The Johns Hopkins Hospital

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Customer Service Representative Interview

Clinical Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview Details – HIring process is fairly simple. There is a minimum of two interviews- one with human resources and second with a nurse manager. Interviews are scheduled upon the passing of a comprehensive microsoft office competency test. The turn around time for an interview is usually quick based on the needs of the unit.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in March 2013.

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward. The entire process took much longer than expected. From submission of application to time of hire took close to two months. There was a good bit of time between the first and second interviews. The second interview was a group interview and some of the participants seemed a bit unprepared. None of the interview questions were difficult or required extended thought. After job offer was made and accepted, another 2-3 weeks passed before orientation and first day of work.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was upfront with my salary expectations and they were met without negotiation.

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Clinical Laboratory Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview Details – Met with the HR department, who gave an overview of the institution. Took me to the department where the interview was to take place, and introduced me to the supervisor. Had a tour of the work area, met the staff, and was given the opportunity to ask as many questions as I had. Never felt intimidated or pressured.

Interview Question – A very typical interview. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked, from what I recall.   Answer Question

Senior Research Program Manager Interview

Senior Research Program Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview Details – The PI was more interested in my appearance than my skills, knowledge and education. I interviewed for, and accepted, a position that was supposed to be challenging an interesting. Once I began, I learned that the job was neither. There was no interest in innovation, conducting research that could really benefit society, or even conducting research that was ethical. I was so disappointed.
The hiring process was tedious. It took nearly 2 months to process my paperwork once an offer was made.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions were asked, let alone questions that would allow the PI to truly assess my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that the salary I was offered was the maximum for the position. Six months after starting, I learned that this was not the case. I worked with HR to correct this. It took another six months to bring my salary up to the level it should have been based on my years of experience, education, and skills. I was given a 30% increase, but it was not made retroactive, even though the PI admitted that the original salary was a mistake.

Faculty Interview

Faculty
Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview Details – Submit an official application which is then formally reviewed and then you are notified for an interview. Ther was a follow up interview and then the selection was made. This was the process for an internship position, which then eventually lead to a full time job offer.

Interview Question – Do you feel your resume places you in the top few percent of the qualified applicants, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. It was the typical salary.

Clinical Customer Service Representative Interview

Clinical Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in July 2013.

Interview Details – Completed word 2010 test, math ,English, grammar, comprehension etc. Then I was scheduled for an interview that went well. The interviewer was very pleasant and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Most were situational questions. What would you do if you were doing something for your supervisor and then a patient called asking for something.   Answer Question

Research Technologist Interview

Research Technologist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview Details – Applied online at the Johns Hopkins Website and received an e-mail inviting me for an in-person interview. Interviewed with the lab manager, then with the PI.

Interview Question – Describe your research and how would you fit into this Lab. Do you have experience with FACS?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist

Interview Details – phone screen, panel interview, one on one interview

Interview Question – average   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview Details – Easy to be picked up for a position after doing a clinical rotation for during school studies. Interview process has 3 steps, phone interview, preliminary interview, then full day interview with various managers, clinicians, and staff.

Interview Question – Have you Arrived?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Interesting. This hospital does not pay as well as other area hospitals, you are getting to add the position to your resume, so suggest trying to work there early in your career. Offerred yet another position several years later, but they "could not afford" me.

Lab Assistant Interview

Lab Assistant
Baltimore, MD

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was very relaxed.

Worked for The Johns Hopkins Hospital? Contribute to the Community!