The Johns Hopkins Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.6

Nurse Clinician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First went to nurse recruitment. They explained the process and made sure I had all the paperwork needed. Was taken to the unit manager who conducted the interview with a nurse on the unit. They were very friendly. Started with introductions, moved on to asking me questions, then answering any questions I had. After this I changed into scrubs that I brought and had "share time" (shadowing) a nurse on the unit, then met with the manager again to say goodbye and tie things up. Offered a job about a week later.

Patient Access Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview

Friend referred to a recruiter. Recruiter reached out to me and set up a time for a phone. Fairly laid back phone call where recruiter described the position and asked if it was something you would be interested in. Came in for a Face to face interview with recruiter. Next day had Interview with Director of Call Center, and Interview with Departmental Manger. Got an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the job?   1 Answer

Emergency Department Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The process takes long I started applying for jobs since may 2014 I didn't hear back until sep 2014 to take a computer test thts easy people who pass get an interview my friend who got a job there gave me a number to call the person answered and told me I passes I kept applying to more jobs and finally heard back last month had an interview last week n got a phone call today but for a part time postion

Interview Questions

• If I asked your manager wht kind of person u r wht would they tell me   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have experience working at a hospital

Career Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Horrible and unprofessional. My appointment was set for 12pm, the Interviewer wasn't ready to speak with me until 40 mins later. She couldn't find the other panel member so I waited an additional 10 mins. They never responded to my follow up. Not rejection or approval ever received.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing during the last year?   1 Answer

Medical Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Lutherville, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online for a Medical Office Assistant position at one of the Hopkins Community Physicians locations. I was called a few days after my application was submitted and scheduled for an in-person interview the following week. I had a positive experience with the interview - got a chance to meet all of the employees and had a tour of the office. However, I was told I would expect to hear back from them by the end of the week or by the following week and never did until I had to contact multiple times. I followed up with the Practice Administrator three times but was told they were still in the interview process over a month after my interview and to wait to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you broke a rule at work and why?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a conflict with a supervisor? What was the situation?   Answer Question

Psych Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. I met with the recruiter, then the manager, then had a 2 hour long shadow. The interview took 4 hours but was a great opportunity. After the interview I emailed and called for weeks. They would answer my emails promptly but kept me strung along for 5 weeks until after 38 days they finally let me know they discontinued the search.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview

Applied online, received call for face to face interview within a week. Interview with program coordinator and principal investigator. Simple interview questions. Was told would hear back within a week, never heard anything

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview

HIring process is fairly simple. There is a minimum of two interviews- one with human resources and second with a nurse manager. Interviews are scheduled upon the passing of a comprehensive microsoft office competency test. The turn around time for an interview is usually quick based on the needs of the unit.

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Interview

Met with the HR department, who gave an overview of the institution. Took me to the department where the interview was to take place, and introduced me to the supervisor. Had a tour of the work area, met the staff, and was given the opportunity to ask as many questions as I had. Never felt intimidated or pressured.

Interview Questions

• A very typical interview. Nothing out of the ordinary was asked, from what I recall.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Johns Hopkins Hospital in January 2014.

Interview

I saw a posting online for a RA position at Wilmer Eye Institute and applied for it. The senior clinical research coordinator called me and asked me to come in for an interview. Finding the office was horrific though! The interview was very casual, basically asked about my previous research experiences, future goals, why I want this job. Then she gave me information about the study. I was hired on the spot.