The Joint Commission

Updated Aug 13, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Joint Commission

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Joint Commission in August 2014.

I had an in person interview within days of applying for the job several weeks ago. The interview lasted for about two hours. Mainly open ended questions about work experience. Everything went perfect. I had a good rapport with all the interviewers and answered all the technical questions correctly. Everybody was really nice. I called once to follow up on the decision and they said they were still interviewing and they would let me know. I didn't hear back from them. I thought nothing of a previous review that his/her race had something to do with it, but now that I didn't get the job that I was definitely more than qualified for, it just makes me wonder. I should mention that my minimum salary request was just over their max for the position. But since that was established prior to the interview I'm thinking that may not have been the issue.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Joint Commission in January 2014.

I was called for an interview and given a typing test, which I passed per their requirement. I interviewed with the initial person who offered me the interview, along with two others. They were very cordial and gave me a tour of the facility, which was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to give an example of a problem I could not solve at my previous job and how I resolved it.   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Joint Commission in March 2010.

Need to know someone there.

No room to move.

Account Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Joint Commission.

I applied online and was contacted by the HR rep several weeks later. I did an initial phone screen with the HR rep right then and there, where she reviewed my resume, asked questions about my past employment, and provided me with more details about the position. I was then scheduled for a face-t-face interview for the following week.

Although this is an entry-level position, I was very excited to have an opportunity to get a foot in the door with The Joint Commission, which is any healthcare management major's dream. I prepared for the interview thoroughly and was glad I did! The interview lasted almost 3 hours! I was interviewed by five different managers, thirty minutes each. I was given a very basic computer test and written assignment that anyone with the most basic computer skills could pass.

The interview questions were relatively basic (ie., "describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, how do you use time management, what do you know about this company, why should we hire you", etc). As a former recruiter myself, I know that the interview went very well, one of the best I've personally ever had. I was at best over qualified for the position with more than seven years experience, a bachelors AND masters degree in the required field, strong references and a good interview. The position only called for a bachelors degree in healthcare and 2 years experience. The office is in a great location and most people were friendly and pleasant.

I left the interview feeling confident and I sent thank you e-mails to all the interviewers. The interview took place the week before Thanksgiving, so the HR rep informed me it would be at least the week after the holiday before I heard back. I waited an additional week after the holiday to follow up, only to be avoided by the HR rep. I left two voice-mails and sent two e-mails (on two seperate occasions) and never received a single reply. I never received an automated e-mail saying the position was filled, no callback from the HR rep despite my voice mails, no letter in the mail, nothing. Its been a month and a half now and the lack of communication on their end has been very disappointing and unprofessional. A simple e-mail saying that they had gone with another candidate would have sufficed. I know that I was a strong candidate for the position, however, the culture of that department seemed very stiff and rigid. I didn't observe ANY diversity and hiring a young African American woman may not have been something they were ready for in that department.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a negative quality you possess that could influence your performance at work, and how would you like to improve it?   Answer Question