The Jones Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Jones Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview with HR manager. Follow up interview was scheduled shortly thereafter with the Hiring Manager. It was a little confusing getting to the hiring manager's office, once off the elevator as she was not listed on the phone directory. Someone finally appeared and helped me find the person I was scheduled to meet. The hiring manager did not have my resume on hand; she claimed that she did see it prior to our meeting but it appeared that she was a bit unfamiliar with my background. I was then asked to take an Excel test which is fine, however the test was being given in the 2003 version which is quite different, in my opinion, than 2010, and 2010 is what I'm most proficient in. Needless to say, it took me a long time to complete it which was very frustrating and embarrassing. I explained that I was not familiar with this version and was told "yes I know its different, but dont worry we all use 2010 for our business..REALLY?? A suggestion--TEST IN THE VERSION YOU USE FOR YOUR BUSINESS!! Its a shame because the job seemed very interesting but I doubt I'll be getting a call back and/or offer.

Interview Question – what were the most difficult challenges in your last job   Answer Question

Worked for The Jones Group? Contribute to the Community!