The Jones Group

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Coordinator Interview

Retail Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at The Jones Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – it takea 3 months, you get multiple interviews with the different department executives. You have to do application online, do interviews both in person and phone, drug test. wait for the process, and the HR will contact yuo to offer the job and the compensation.

Interview Question – how do you develop your inner skills   View Answer

Negotiation Details – long

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Jones Group in July 2011.

Interview Details – I met with my boss and two levels up in a mall.

Negotiation Details – My advice is to always ask for more than you expect and everything is negotiable.

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

Purchasing Coordinator
White Plains, NY

I interviewed at The Jones Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was relaxed yet very professional

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Product Development Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview Details – first a phone interview with hr. Then in person 1 on 1 with hr and then 1 on 1 with direct supervisor.

Interview Question – it was pretty straight forward but a long interview overall about background and what to do going forward. PLM is extremely important but they do train.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They already had a price for this position.

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Jones Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – The typical interviewing process for a large company

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected if you know how to give an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing negotiable

Product Development Coordinator Interview

Product Development Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview Details – 2 interviews with HR and then finally 3rd interview with the hiring manager for the position. 3 total interview. pretty simple, straight to the point. nothing unexpected.

Negotiation Details – NA

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview Details – Could take 6 weeks to get on board training is long and boring and irrelevant to job

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you had to work on a project and how did you convince your team members your idea was the right choice   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – insulting

Assistant Designer Interview

Assistant Designer
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Jones Group in November 2009.

Interview Details – Fairly easy since it was a low level position. Met with HR hiring director and future boss one time each.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Tried to work with HR but it was their offer or nothing. They claim to have "no money" but are constantly throwing bonuses and VP titles at upper management.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Jones Group.

Interview Details – Three interviews. One with Market Manager, then DM, then Regional. First two interviews were f2f and the last was a phone interview. Whole process took a couple of weeks.

Interview Question – Most questions were pretty typical for retail store manager position. Very focused on recruiting experience. Also very focused on coaching and training style as well as how well you are able to meet sales goals. Many questions were of the nature of "Tell me a time you dealt with a difficult customer". Or "Tell me a time you gave great customer service". Things like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made an offer that was within my salary range. No real negotiation. Managers are paid hourly, not salaried.

Very Easy Interview

Bakery Wrapper Interview

Bakery Wrapper

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at The Jones Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – transfered from within company from another department. was asked basic interview questions like how do you handle stress, give an example of a time you had to multi task, what do you do when you are assigned additional work to complete with not enough time.

Interview Question – How do you deal with conflict with another associate   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Worked for The Jones Group? Contribute to the Community!