The LaSalle Network Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.1

Job Search Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The LaSalle Network (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from this company over a month ago. I was a bit hesitant to provide them with my information but thought "hey, why not?" After several phone calls they asked me to come in for a formal interview. I showed up fifteen minutes early and was handed a clip board with paperwork that could have easily been filled in before. The waiting room was overflowing with people--also filling out paperwork--and the employees had to grab chairs from other rooms. After completing the paperwork, I waited for an entire hour before I was called into a room. Once I was sat in the room, I had to wait another 10 or so minutes before I was spoken to. Incredibly unprofessional. I should have just walked out. I felt as though I was at a doctors office or a DMV and was being treated as a number rather than a person. Front desk workers are nearly robotic, and just want your information. The actual interview process was nothing like a typical interview. I was basically asked to describe want kind of job I wanted--which I guess makes sense for a recruiting company. The whole experience was incredibly unprofessional, and left a very bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't recommend working with this company, or wasting your time coming in there. I spent two hours in the office and felt it was a huge waste of my time. They were obviously very willing to help me find a position since I have a college degree and work-experience, but after that experience, I will not be needing their services.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a position? What don't you want to do?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

They ask you acouple of questions in a room one-on-one regarding your resume. Then they have you take a couple tests based on the postition you desire to get. Like a Microsoft word, Excel, and Typing test for administrative positions. After that they go over your score and close out the interview talking to you again.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty in depth but I felt like a number. The questions were very general. I dod not get the impression that they were really trying to help me find a job. It was more of a way to have a database of candidates to be able to pull from when they need you for a client. I suppose that's fair, but as a job seeker, it's not the best feeling in the world.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The LaSalle Network.

Interview

Awful and very unprofessional workers. Everyone seemed rude in the office and they kept making me come in even though I was in college and sent a rude email telling me i hadn't gotten the job. Not a place I would want to work.

Office Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

After setting up an interview time over the phone you walk in and give them your resume and managerial references (they ask for 2). First person interviews you then then if all goes well you get a second interview 5 minutes later. They offered me 1 of 3 choices for positions. Temporary, temporary to permanent or permanent. It clearly states on my cover letter I'm looking for a career I can dedicate 40 plus years to. Yet they asked me this anyway. As soon as I said I was not open to temporary the interviewers eyes drooped and said "Well, if you don't have any questions we'll let you be on your way and we'll call you if we think you're a good match." Yeah, I knew I was getting a call back. Which I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like working in HR?   1 Answer

Recent Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

The office is easy to find and I was greeted by friendly staff. The took my resume and had me wait for the next available recruiter. The Recruiter and her trainee were both very friendly and were interested in my background. They both asked questions about my goals and things I have learned about in specific roles. I waited again for the second interview and talked to a manager about the types of opportunities are available. The timeline is very vague and they can not make a promise that they will be able to find you work.

Any Openings Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

After applying online Lasalle should call you within 1-3 business day. Depending on the location site, they will set-up an appointment and follow up with you on-site. The building is the main entrance, there is no other way around it (mine was Oak Brook). They will ask for your resume, 2 government issued identifications, and 2 references from prior experience. The interviewer will ask you some general questions such as, what field are you interested in and then ask you to some following questions. I thought the interview was vague, not professional. Would not recommend. They will ask you to call in every week to know if you received a job to stop their services.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior experience? How did you handle a unsatisfied customer? What expertise are you interested in?   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Interview

The interview was very easy and the people there are extremely friendly. I had 2 interviews. 1 where they discussed what I am looking for and a second interview where they told me what position that would be available for me. I am hoping to hear back from them soon

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Arlington Heights, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied for a specific opening posted by LaSalle on Indeed.com. I met and also exceeded some of the requirements for this position and felt my chances are very good about getting that job. I was contacted within days for a phone interview after which I was invited for a face interview. When I got there the paperwork took me about 20 min before I could even meet with a recruiter. The first interview was nice, I liked the lady and her attitude, she was very expressive and positive about my resume and past experience. Then the second interview was with her manager who, I assumed just graduated from high school that year. She was repeating some questions and appeared very nice but it seemed exaggerated and faked. Anyway, she quickly assured that the position I applied for is part time, which their website or the Indeed ad does not confirm, in fact the ad states an annual salary which definitely refers to a full time position. So that was my first red flag. She immediately starts talking about a great full time opportunity they have that seems a good fit for me. This job was very simple and required very little experience and education which is not my case at this moment. Next she asks about my salary target so I told her my min and mention that it can be a little flexible since I'm breaking into a field to which she offers me 50% less than what my min was. I was insulted at that point, realized then that the jobs posted through them most likely don't exist and they just want to lure people in and place them in places no one wants to be. There was a basic computer test required for this job and I said I would take it but then decided I really can't work for that little money, plus the job seemed better for someone with less experience and education and I felt I can do MUCH better than that. So after a week the manager called me, asking about the test and I apologized and told her I changed my mind about the position to which she almost immediately hang up the phone. During that phone call I thought about asking about other possibilities with them and maybe give them another chance but after talking to her and hearing her saying 'OK' with the passive aggressiveness, again, of a high school student I felt this place is not a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked to explain what I did in each role of my job history.   Answer Question

General Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The LaSalle Network (Highland Park, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

This seemed to be a pretty standard recruiting agency interview. I interviewed with one person who basically asked me to elaborate on the experiences listed on my resume in order to better understand my capabilities and to find a job that would we a good fit for me. I was offered to interview with another recruiter that day, but I opted not too because I had also spent time taking some online proficiency tests while I was in the LaSalle office. The interview ran smoothly and was more conversational than anything.