The Learning Experience

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Interview

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Learning Experience.

Interview Details – Director read questions off a paper and then put me in classroom. I worked for several hours on this "working interview", only to later learn that I was only put in that room that day because they did not have enough staff to cover their ratios.

Interview Question – 3 best qualities, 3 worst qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There basically was none. I was offered an amount and they said I would be eligible for a raise after reviews and 90 days. Never happened.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Learning Experience in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for new opening location and was brought to corporate office aver Phoenix interview. Had lots of management and business experience but lots of primary focus on early childhood education. Warm and inviting office, lots of personal chit chat and company background. Be able to multi task and do a little bit of everything, early childhood education, marketing, sales, operations and finance

Interview Question – Curriculum creation   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Training process would be in corporate office

Lead Toddler Teacher Interview

Lead Toddler Teacher
Concord, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Learning Experience in September 2012.

Interview Details – After a brief phone interview, I was invited to the center for an interview. The director was very personable, but also very distracted, and our interview was interrupted numerous times.

Interview Question – How I would handle parents being late   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary too low.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lead Pre-School Teacher Interview

Lead Pre-School Teacher
Hamilton Square, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Learning Experience in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for an interview at 10AM. I had to fill out a paper application even though I applied online. After filling out the paper application, the assistant manager called me into the office for an interview. She was very sweet and asked me simple questions such as: Where do you see yourself professionally in 5 years? What are three strengths/weaknesses that you have? How would you handle an upset parent? After the interview, I went right into the classroom that I was interviewing for a working interview. I met the kids, talked to the other lead teacher in the classroom, and went on the playground with them. I stayed with them for about an hour.
The assistant teacher said that she loved me and asked me what hours I could work. She talked to me about the teacher that I would be working with and how they did co-teaching at their center. She asked me to come in next Monday so I could meet the director that was on vacation and discuss the hours that I would be working. That next Monday I came into meet the director, and unexpectedly, I had another working interview. She told me that she would call me that Wednesday. I never received a phone call.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty easy.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

District Area Manager- State Wide Interview

District Area Manager- State Wide
Concord, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Learning Experience in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview was pleasant and well planned. The 1:1 interview was awful. The person doing the interview was 45 minutes late. Was very messy in her presentation. She had a phone conference while I waited and did not allow the opther people in the conference any privacy. During her conversation her interest in reviewing her satalite locations was about was branding and franchising. Nothing about what was good for children. THe co had no interest in educating staff or doing what was best for children.

Interview Question – What are your salary requirements? offer 30,000-40,000   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Lead Pre-k Teacher Interview

Lead Pre-k Teacher

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Learning Experience.

Interview Details – First they had me fill out a dinky application with very few questions on it. Then they asked me a few questions about myself and if I've had experience with parents, as well as my favorite age to teach. They then introduced me to the co-teacher and gave me a tour of the facilities. Following that, I was given an explanation of the curriculum and how the classroom is run.

Interview Question – There were seriously no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Infant Lead Teacher Interview

Infant Lead Teacher

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Learning Experience in June 2010.

Interview Details – I received a paper application and filled it out immediately. I called the office within the following week, and was asked to come in person to interview. I felt that the interview questions were highly relevant to the position. i was asked about my personal relationships with children and child care in the past, why I would make a good teacher/educator/child care provider, etc. There were questions posed about hypothetical scenarios, especially regarding child safety. After I was offered the position, I had to complete a large amount of paperwork, receive vaccinations, and had to be finger printed and background checked (which the company paid for).

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Ask what your primary responsibilities will be and how they (the administration) plan to assist you during your time as an educator.

Worked for The Learning Experience? Contribute to the Community!