The Limited Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Limited.

Interview

Very short and to the point. The manager was very friendly, and asked basic questions including "What are you strengths?" and "Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker". The interview was only 15 minutes.

Sales Lead Interview

Interview

Was more like a conversation than an actually interview. I applied online first and was contacted within a week for an interview. Make sure to wear their clothes to the interview.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Limited in January 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Assistant Manager position. They have a new process for management where you do three interviews. One with the store you applied to, the second with another store manager at their location and the last one with the district manager. I applied for the Assistant manager position online and AFTER the first interview was over the store manager told me she only had a lead sales position that would be available in a month or so. I was upset but said yes nonetheless. The store manager called me within a week to let me know I was scheduled for a second interview. Well on the day of the interview the store manager for that location was late. Once he got there he was completely unprepared for the interview and told me that he forgot I was coming. During the interview he brought up that the fact that he was gay and that his partner worked at another location in his old position. (UNPROFESSIONAL) The interview lasted maybe 15 min. The third interview was not with the DM but with another store manager (later found out that all three are good friends) and that one went better. If I have to be honest I was unsatisfied with the way that all three interviews went. They were all unprofessional, unorganized and not prepared!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Limited? Tell me a little about yourself? What was your annual number at previous location? How do you stay current in fashion? What was a difficult situation with a customer and how did you handle it? Where do you see yourself five years from now? What is your sense of style? These are just a few of the questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and got a call a week or so later for a next day interview. I showed up and after about(10 minutes of overview stuff like salary requirements and schedule availability) I was invited to orientation ( was not told I got the job yet) which was about 5 days later. Orientation lasted 3 hours alot of cramming but I tried to soak it all in. Was given my part time schedule after my first day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating , was my first job.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Limited in December 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume on Linkedin and heard from a recruiter less than a week afterward. Had about a half hour phone call with a recruiter just going over my resume and other relevant experience. A few days after, I was invited to come in for an interview where I met individually with 5 different people for about 45 minutes each. While it was a bit draining, it was nice to be able to customize my questions for different employees. Even though I didn't get an offer, I was impressed with how prompt the process was and how pleasant everyone was to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult. Lots of questions about personal background and experience. The only sort of technical question I was asked was how I handle outliers.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Limited.

Interview

I had a telephone interview and then a face to face interview with the dm. Afterward I also had an interview with the SM I would be working at. They were very interested in how I drive the KPI's. I also had to apply on line which consisted of a timed math test and a untimed personality survey. The process took about an hour and a half. I was told it would only take a half hour. Way off base there.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you hold your team accountable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating on their part. They were firm in their offer, but I feel it was a fair offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Limited.

Interview

I applied online, got a call the next week. I went in for an interview, which was more like a relaxed conversation about me. During the interview, we went outside into the mall area and sat on the couches. The manager was very friendly and relaxed, and I was comfortable talking about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• It was all very relaxed, no question was difficult to answer. They mostly wanted to know about my customer service background. They did ask me to put together an outfit in the store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Part Time Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Limited.

Interview

Easy interview, basic sales questions. Be out going, talk to customers, make them feel comfortable, build relationship and have your customers wanting to come back to shop. Fashion knowledge is a must, keep up with the latest trends.

Interview Questions

• What are your weakness, don't say something that will not get you this easy job like, "I'm late at times" or "i can be shy". This job requires talking to everyone who steps into the store.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No any retail store does not negotiate sale associates unless your applying for a management position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Limited.

Interview

It was super easy. Felt exactly like a friendly conversation. It was amazing. Completely basic questions. It was very chill and relaxed. Got the position right on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Limited.

Interview

They called to set up an interview, and I went in a couple of days later and met the assistant manager in the store. I only spoke to one person for the interview, and it took about 10 minutes total. I would suggest wearing something from the store to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most you've gone out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nope, they stated their rate on a take it or leave it basis.