The Limited

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-Time Sales Leadd Interview

Part-Time Sales Leadd

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Limited in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, interview proccess took 4 weeks. I had to interview with 2 store managers and the DM. Questions were easy though. had to sytle an outfit for the store manager

Interview Question – what is in style nowadays   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none pay was set

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – They called to set up an interview, and I went in a couple of days later and met the assistant manager in the store. I only spoke to one person for the interview, and it took about 10 minutes total. I would suggest wearing something from the store to the interview.

Interview Question – What is the most you've gone out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nope, they stated their rate on a take it or leave it basis.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Limited in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and scheduled for an interview within 3 days. Interview consisted of "Tell me a time" and "How would you questions" nothing specific until it came to having retail experience and being in a clothing store. Selling credit is a make or break question I believe.

Interview Question – Pick out an outfit for (insert event here) and come back when you're done. You have to go around the store and pick an appropriate outfit and pray that the manager likes it.   Answer Question

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online - interviewed at The Limited in May 2014.

Interview Details – Friendly, sweet. felt like talking to a friend. What was something you had difficulty with and how did you get past it? what are you most proud of in your life? where do you shop?

Interview Question – What's your favorite piece of clothing in the store?   View Answer

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – Consisted of basic question. The manager told me she would call me either way, but didn't. And when I called in to check the status of my interview, she never called me back.

Interview Question – How have you handled difficult situations in your personal life?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Floor Set Interview

Floor Set

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Limited in September 2013.

Interview Details – I'm not sure if every interview went this way, but it was an early morning interview with one other girl and not many questions. Maybe it was because it was for floorset and not selling, but they basically wanted to just see that I would be on time, look presentable, and was a happy person. I didn't have to say much before the former manager said "Wll I like you two, when do you want to start?"

I didn't have a job at the time so I had a lot of hours to give. She asked if I wanted more hours than just the floorset. I told her I'd do what was needed and she offered freight. I accepted and that was that! On the first interview, she already took us around the back room and explained how things we done before we were even hired!

Interview Question – Honestly, I can't even think of an actual question that she asked me besides "Why The Limited?"   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – After responding in email form, the District Manager contacted me to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, after which she set up a time for a face to face interview. I arrived at the store on time for the interview, but the district manager was not there and the store employees working had NO idea she was coming or that she was going to do an interview. After an awkward 15 minutes of waiting, the District Manager called the store and asked for me- she requested that I meet her in the cafe in the mall. During the interview, it became obvious that this tactic was a ploy for me to get a look at the store and its opportunities, which were numerous. The interview continued for another 2 1/2 hours, the longest face to face interview I have ever had, which included a 'secret shop' of a store of my previous employer. She also bought me lunch at a sandwich place and we continued the interview. I think we covered every possible aspect of life. I have done many interviews in my time but I have never spend that much time with an applicant. It made me wonder what else she hoped to accomplish that day.

Interview Question – I previously worked for Aeropostale, so she had me go into the Aeropostale in that mall ( which was part of my old district) and had me critique their customer service, visuals, standards etc. It was potentially very awkward, but fortunately I did not know anyone working in the store that day.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Limited in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online got a call to come in for an interview. When I got there I waited like 7 mins. for the manger to finish interviewing the person before me. They called me into the back and I had a one on one interview with the manager she seemed pretty cool when we first met. She asked some questions like what fashion magazines do I read and situational questions. After the interview was over she said she would call if i had the job. About a week later i got a call I was offered the job, told me the salary and benefits.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you had to show leadership skills?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – In person interview, the manager mostly asked about my previous work experience and about specific difficulties I encountered while working retail. The manager asked about me about current fashion trends and my favorite designers. I also recommend wearing Limited clothing if possible or dressing to fit the dress code which is all black or a limited top and blazer.

Interview Question – Tell about a time that you had a difficult customer and what you did to help them.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – One on one interview. What are three essential clothing items every women needs in her wardrobe? Easy, laidback interview

Interview Question – Nothing. All common questions   Answer Question

Worked for The Limited? Contribute to the Community!