The Limited

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.3

Floor Set Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Limited in September 2013.

I'm not sure if every interview went this way, but it was an early morning interview with one other girl and not many questions. Maybe it was because it was for floorset and not selling, but they basically wanted to just see that I would be on time, look presentable, and was a happy person. I didn't have to say much before the former manager said "Wll I like you two, when do you want to start?"

I didn't have a job at the time so I had a lot of hours to give. She asked if I wanted more hours than just the floorset. I told her I'd do what was needed and she offered freight. I accepted and that was that! On the first interview, she already took us around the back room and explained how things we done before we were even hired!

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I can't even think of an actual question that she asked me besides "Why The Limited?"   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Limited.

Overall I had a total of 3 interviews for the position of assistant store manager. The first interview was actually for a sales associate and it was a very laid back interview with the store manager where we basically chatted about experience and career goals. After our interview she informed me that she wanted to forward my information to another store that was looking for an assistant manager. I received a call from that stores manager after about a week to come in for another interview, which I did, and it was very similar to the 1st interview. Not many difficult questions, just the normal retail related questions that any interviewer might ask. This interview also went well and the store manager informed me that she wanted to take the process a step further and have me interview with the district manager. I had to wait about two weeks for this 3rd and final interview with the limited. This was the most intimidating interview, and the most thorough as far as questions go. It went well and the DM told me she would be in touch by the weekend. That came and went and I never received a call or email from the company. Not the most professional in my opinion.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Limited in August 2013.

Very easy process. The interview felt more like a coffee date with a friend than an intense interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Limited.

Dropped off resume then they called for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose The Limited? What makes you a great sales person?   Answer Question
    start at min wage. no negotiation phase.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Limited in July 2013.

Went asked if they were hiring, applied online and took an assessment. Got called for an interview, and gave her my references to call. Initially I applied for Sales Lead or Assistant Manager but they told me they only promote from Sales Associate postion, so I took it in hopes of getting promoted quickly knowing I would do well in the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach a client who is unsure of her style?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiiate the hourly play which was not mucg more then my previous job, but she was pretty stern with what I was offering her.

CSL Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Limited in July 2013.

Met with store manager first & then Phone Interview with District Manger...Bot SM & DM were very much on same page in terms of how the staff will work...Then training.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find are your worst skills and how would you do to correct the problem   Answer Question
    Great!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Limited.

Went for a group interview with another girl. Very casual.

Interview Questions
    • If you had $1,000 to spend on yourself (only) what 3 stores would you go to? (Other than the Limited, of course)   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Limited.

There were 3 interviews total - one with the DM, one with HR and one with the RM. The DM interview was under an hour, the HR interview was via Skype and the RM interview was on the phone and took only 20 minutes. The HR representative felt the most personable and seemed the most interested in my responses.

Interview Questions
    • "What questions do you have for me?" was the most unexpected question. The questions asked of you are very standard to a retail environment, but the most difficult to answer is what questions you have for the interviewer. Every interviewer asked this question and it is important to come ready with at least one.   Answer Question
    On the application there is a spot for expected salary. I was given 98% of what was asked, which was fair for the volume of the store and the location in the metroplex.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Limited in June 2013.

I was an internal canidate, that left the position of store manager at another company.
    Started as sales associate. Promoted after a week to sales lead, and the next opening with the local market was asked by the district manager to accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would coach some one who is a top performer, yet not motivated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Limited in May 2013.

I applied online & was called within a few days of submission. The manager called me in for a group interview. I was interviewed alongside 1 other candidate. The manager asked us about our work history followed by questions. She gave us both the opportunity to answer the same questions. It was very relaxed and it felt more like a casual conversation with people I knew. I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Define your style & how do you keep up with newest styles?   View Answer
    She said we would like to offer you a position as a sales associate & would be offering $8 an hour. I don't think that they really negotiate & if they do it isn't much more than the initial offer.