The Limited

Very Easy Interview

Sales Lead Interview

Sales Lead
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Limited in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was promote from a sales associate to as lead position. My initial interview for the sales associate position was pretty simple with typical interview questions.

Interview Question – What would I do if there was an upset customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – Went for a group interview with another girl. Very casual.

Interview Question – If you had $1,000 to spend on yourself (only) what 3 stores would you go to? (Other than the Limited, of course)   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – There were 3 interviews total - one with the DM, one with HR and one with the RM. The DM interview was under an hour, the HR interview was via Skype and the RM interview was on the phone and took only 20 minutes. The HR representative felt the most personable and seemed the most interested in my responses.

Interview Question – "What questions do you have for me?" was the most unexpected question. The questions asked of you are very standard to a retail environment, but the most difficult to answer is what questions you have for the interviewer. Every interviewer asked this question and it is important to come ready with at least one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On the application there is a spot for expected salary. I was given 98% of what was asked, which was fair for the volume of the store and the location in the metroplex.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pearland, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Limited in March 2012.

Interview Details – I apply online when the store not to long open I was called in for an interview amd came in the manger was out so there was two other employees interviewing me when the interview was over they said they would call and never did.

Interview Question – None really just ask about job experience   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part-Time Sales Lead Interview

Part-Time Sales Lead

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – Applied online via the company website, which goes through a secondary website called PeopleAnswers. Uploaded my resume and had to take two questionnaires. The first was timed and was basic math problems (sequence, multiplication, etc) and vocabulary (analogies) and the second was 12 pages of statements that you had to rate yourself on with a scale. The day after I sent in my resume and completed the questionnaires, I received a call from the Store Manager and we set up a 1:1 interview for the next day. The interview lasted about an hour, was very laid back, and we mostly discussed my past retail experiences. At the end of the interview, the Store Manager said that she wanted to set up a meeting with the District Manager for the next day. The second interview lasted about 45 minutes and we discussed pretty much the same things as in the first interview. The next day, I received a phone call from the Store Manager and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to this job that other candidates would not?   Answer Question
  • What do you think would be the most difficult thing about working in this environment? What would be the easiest?   Answer Question
  • Where do you get your style from? How would you describe your personal style?   Answer Question

Willow Grove, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Limited in March 2013.

Interview Details – Walked in, asked if they were hiring, they were. Was told to apply online and the lady handed me a card. Applied. Got typical interview questions, nothing unexpected. They were actually only hiring for Floor Sets twice a week, overnight 8 hr shift. I told her I was still interested even though I'd never done a floor set before. Was told she would have the store manager look over my info and basically if they were interested I'd get a call. Never got the call.

Valley Stream, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Limited in May 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out app, came in for interview. They want to see a pleasant demeanor and a "can do" attitude above all. Positive answers is what they look for.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for above base rate ( typically minimum wage with mall jobs).

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at The Limited in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on-line. The test and questionary were quite time consuming. I thought I blew it. I went to the shop a day later to ask if they received my application. The store manager was very nice and she scheduled an interview with me for next day. The interview was very casual. No hard questions. I received a phone call with an offer an 2 days.

Interview Question – How would you apply your previous experience to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. but the manager said they are paying me a bit more than they usually pay for this position.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Limited.

Interview Details – Was a little intimidating since it was a group interview, they held it in the food court which was quite weird and very hard to focus with people around you looking and eavesdropping to hear your answers but other then that manager was friendly and asked your typical why should i hire you and why the limited?

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Aventura, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Limited in September 2012.

Interview Details – asks you simple questions. what do you like to do. are you into fashion. what brand do you wear. are you a people's person. any extracurricular activities.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question