The Linde Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Linde Group.

Was recruited through college. Had a phone and in-person interview. Phone interview was just a review of my resume. Went to a plant and talked to plant manager and site engineering during in-person interview. Very relaxed interview. Looking more for how you would fit in with the team. Many questions were based on teamwork and how you work with others. Be ready to answer questions about classes and lab experience in college.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be a better candidate over the others?
      What is your role in a group (leader or follower)?
        Answer Question

Production Tech Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Linde Group.

I dont feel like writing anymore I put out all important information already

Interview Questions
    • You asking me this.. I dont remember it was too long ago.. i got in thats all that matters. right.   Answer Question
    NONE

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Linde Group.

The interview was short. Basically I was told what the job entailed and that I would have to obtain a CDL Class C license. Although I had not worked in health care before, the interviewer felt I had the right personality and attitude to learn the job and be an asset to the company.

Interview Questions
    We did not negotiate regarding salary or position.

HyCo Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Linde Group.

HR was difficult to deal with overall.

Flew to houston facility. small group. 4 interviews, first and last one (with plant manager) was quite technical.

heard back in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • draw a flowsheet on this whiteboard and explain every detail of it.   Answer Question

HRIS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murray Hill, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Linde Group in October 2013.

Nice interview seemingly went well. But both the HM and the HM sidekick who was a direct report I imagine kept looking at one another after each answer. It was the equivalent of someone kicking you under the table. It was a bit weird for 40 minutes to watch this. Witiin the interview they spoke harshly of other people within the organization!

Childish HR Department.

Engineering Skills Development (ESD) Program Interview

1st round, behavior questions

Intern Interview

They basically asked all about my experience in related work jobs

ESD Program Interview

First stage interview is normal on a campus. The questions are basic, any knowledge of the air separation process is a plus. Second interview is more of a panel interview, where the questions are more open ended geared toward your experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describing your biggest weakness and then having several people pry into your answer.   Answer Question
    I tried to ask for a higher offer, but was politely declined.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Linde Group in November 2012.

Interviewed on campus, they did not ask any tricky question only basic ones based off of what was on my resume. Did not ask about biggest weakness or anything like that. Was interested in project experience the most. Interview was very laid back and relaxed, gave plenty of time to ask questions myself.

Applications Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at The Linde Group in March 2012.

I initially worked with a recruiter hired by Linde to recruit for the position. I then interviewed with the manager I worked for. Next, I interviewed with the VP of that business segment. Then I had a group interview with the three regional individuals, the Regional Manager, Sales Manager, and Service Manager. The whole process took a total of 1-1/2 months from first contact to offer. The offer was acceptable.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was would I relocate to the headquarters in New Jersey. I was VERY clear from the beginning of the process that I was NOT open to relocation, but I was asked the question numerous times throughout the interview process.   View Answer
    The process took 1-1/2 months, so I narrowed my choices down to this company. They were already offering me the high end, so I didn't need to negotiate.