The Lockton Companies

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Account Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in June 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews starting with an HR screening on the phone. A week later was asked to come in for an in person interview where they were unable to decide what and where I would be the best fit. I met with a lot of people including the CEO who seemed like a cheerful fellow though he had not seen my resume before that day. I had to take an excel proficiency test as well as some sort of intelligence test (that i later learnt that I scored in the 90 percentile! go me!). A week or so later I was called back to meet with a practice leader in an all together different department. He informed me that I would most likely receive an offer, but did not hear from him for three weeks and then suddenly was called in to interview again as management had witnessed some changes. The interim practice leader hired me on the spot and was very approachable. Thereafter, I received my offer the next evening, and I accepted instantly.

Interview Question – The CEO asked me to describe my relationship with my father. I found this peculiar but answered in good earnest. No peculiar questions, mostly behavioral.   Answer Question

Technical Service Assistant Interview

Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got the initial interview through a temp agency. I was interviewed first by HR and then called back for a second interview with the SVP of operations, who oversaw the department for my position. After my first interview, I was asked to complete a skills test including typing accuracy and utilization of Microsoft applications.

Interview Question – Explain a time at a previous job where you disagreed with your manager, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was hired on as a temp, and after about 16 weeks, given an offer from the company. I did not negotiate, but when my review came, the pay increase I received was more than I was going to ask for anyway.

Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in July 2011.

Interview Details – The HR department reached out to me and scheduled a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and was invited to come in for an interview with the unit manager and AE. I completed the interview and was called the next day with an offer.

Interview Question – The interview was very relaxed so I did not experience this.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Lockton Companies.

Interview Details – The most difficult thing about the hiring process was the test. I interviewed twice, about 3 years apart. The second time was much easier because I had that much more insurance experience. I was also asked to be interviewed by about 5 different departments. The difficulty varied by person. Some were easy to talk to, others were hard to read.

Interview Question – The question that caught me off guard was the interviewer who opened with, "Why are you here?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more based on the fact that I was working 35 hour work-week, and simply asked to make the same but reflecting the additional hours I was asked to work.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Associate Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in June 2013.

Interview Details – Several tests and rounds of interviews

Interview Question – The testing process and various interviews were unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process was about a month long. The first round interview I met one on one with the Account Executive and then the Account Manager. The second round interview I met with a panel of interviewers.

Interview Question – Why do you want this position and what will you bring to our team?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in April 2013.

Interview Details – Awesome interview process, which incorporates visiting with many employees to develop a realistic job preview.

Interview Question – General questions   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in May 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with HR, Interview with Unit Managers (future boss), take personality test, start work

Interview Question – anticipation of various unit managers personalities during interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes, negotiated. over the phone

Intern Interview

Intern
Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details – The summer before junior year, I applied and was told by the recruiter at that time I would be a great candidate for the following summer, as they usually prefer juniors and seniors. The following February or early March, a new recruiter called me before I had submitted a new application and asked me if I was still interested in their internship program. I accepted and a few weeks later, was interviewed. Another few weeks past and I was given an offer. I accepted immediately.

Interview Question – Why did you choose the business school you are in right now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotation. The recruiter did ask if the amount was okay, and I asked if it was negotiable, as I had been paid a higher amount at another company. She said no very politely, and I gratefully accepted their offer.

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Lockton Companies in October 2009.

Interview Details – Very informal process that takes a long time. You will meet with several perople in the office and will have to keep coming back again and again due to their schedules. You will meet several producers along with the Operations Manager and the CEO of the location. Each office runs as its own company with support from Corporate.

Interview Question – No real difficulat questions. It's more of them trying to get to know you. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Ask detail questions about the culture of the company. Really dig deep into this aspect to make sure it is a fit for you. Not alot of people fit within the Lockton culture especially if you are coming from a big brokerage house.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Lockton Companies

Worked for The Lockton Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Lockton Companies interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Lockton Companies employees and interview candidates.