The MENTOR Network

Very Easy Interview

Clinical Group Facilitator Interview

Clinical Group Facilitator
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The MENTOR Network in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted on a Friday morning for the interview. The hiring manager requested an interview and I informed her that I was out of town (on another interview) and could interview Monday. She stated that she really wanted to conduct the interview on Friday when I got back into town. So I accepted since I really was unhappy at my previous job. I arrived to the interview at about 5:30pm and it lasted for about an hour. During this time the interviewer asked me nothing about myself except for mentioning that my experience and education line up with the job. She didn't ask why I applied for the job, what I could bring to the table, my strengths vs weaknesses, etc. She rambled on and on about her case load, additional responsibilities she's taken on, the job requirements ( the only area that made sense) and some company history. She ended the interview asking about salary and I advised her if what my ideal salary would be. She countered that my experience after my graduate degree was the only experience that matters, although this was not in the ad nor mentioned @any point until the salary requirement was discussed. She proposed a salary that was $500.ab ove the minimum which would have placed me @ an even lower salary than my then current pay. She asked if it was acceptable and was informed that we could reach an agreement after a decision was made. I was advised to take an application home and complete it and bring it back on the next day with a copy of my diploma. A week later I received a call to meet her during my workday. I travelled to meet her thinking a decision had been made. However upon arriving I was informed to go straightaway and get a background check completed. I was thinking that I had the job until she mentioed that they were down to two candidates. The really killer part was that the job start date was on 10/17 and she said she would make a decision by 10/14. So there was this absurd notion that I would receive a call for a job offer and inform my current employer the same day that it would be my last day. And that's what she did, she contacted me @ 2:200 pm with a job offer, advising me we'd need to be in a distant city for training on Monday. Sad!

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The company representative that I came into contact with was unprofessional, unorganized, and had no common courtesy for others.

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!