The MENTOR Network

Getting the Interview

33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toms River, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The MENTOR Network in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on Wednesday. I got a phone call Thursday morning for a same day interview. I interviewed with Yvette.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and how you overcame difficult situations in your current job.   View Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview Details – Sent resume in via email and received a call within 2 days. Was asked to come in for an interview in two days time, on a Saturday (that should have given me a clue). When I got there, I had to roam the office to find someone. As the place is a bit of a maze, I roamed for a while before I found the HR (NO HR Experience) person. Had interview with the LV director and HR person in informal setting (I was in a business suite, they were in jeans). Mostly they told me a very glorified version of the job and made it seem as if I would be doing the world a huge favor by taking care of these people. They literally had me in tears over the plight of these people and how as a part of the REM team, I could make a difference. Too bad it just wasn't true. I, and my fellow staff were nothing but warm bodies. The interview process was very easy and informal.

Interview Question – In your previous position working with children with mental issues, tell us one time when things didn't go like you expected.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They made an offer via phone call and I excepted.

Eau Claire, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The MENTOR Network in February 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an application online on a Saturday evening. By Monday morning I got a call for an interview. I interviewed first with a lady that I never saw again after this interview. She didn't give me much background on the job so I had to ask most of those questions. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes and then she said I would hear from them soon. I heard back after two weeks when I was just about to take an offer from another company. I set up a second interview at this time. I arrived at the interview and after just a few short questions she offered me the job. I started in office training the next week and then was in the home training later the same week.

Interview Question – If you were helping a client brush their teeth in the bathroom and started getting upset and tried to hit or bite you how would you handle this?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Co-op Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The MENTOR Network in March 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. Focuses on experience in auditing and why you want to be an internal auditor.

Interview Question – Have you done SOX404 testing before?   Answer Question

Program Service Coordinator Interview

Program Service Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview Details – Go through the website and sign up after that follow up within the next two weeks with program manager.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress   Answer Question

Clinical Supervisor Interview

Clinical Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview Details – contacted first by HR for phone screen, then went for interview.
 pretty standard interview ie description of job
duties and expectations

Interview Question – how handle non compliant employees   Answer Question

Life Skills Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Interview with HR, go to orientation

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Maint Interview

South Daytona Beach, FL

I interviewed at The MENTOR Network in August 2013.

Interview Details – read comments

Interview Question – very unfair   View Answer

Negotiation Details – read above

Very Easy Interview

Direct Support Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The MENTOR Network.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR shortly after filling out an online application. We scheduled the interview for the following week. 1 hour before the interview I was called by HR and told that they just wanted to do a phone interview. I accepted. She asked me 5 questions and then hired me on the spot. When I asked about pay she said she could not disclose that information at this time as she was not sure where I would be placed. I accepted the position and had training. I asked my supervision via email as well as HR again at training what the pay would be. Both times they beat around the bush and would not give me a solid answer. Finally, 3 hours after my orientation my supervisor called and said she could offer 8 dollars an hour. I rejected the offer and told her that would not meet my needs. She said ok thanks and the conversation ended.

Interview Question – Name something that happened on the job that you wish could have gone differently.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was extremely low for the demands of the job, communication was terrible, I felt like I was a number, they hired me over the phone without even meeting me first. Not my first choice in employment. I certainly hope they treat their consumers better than they treat their employees. I was curious as to why they had so many job listings. Now I know.

Program Coordinator Interview

Program Coordinator
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The MENTOR Network in March 2012.

Interview Details – Very fast, friendly and easy questions. Although the application process is long and it is difficult to get in the door.

Interview Question – Workload can get unstable at times   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The MENTOR Network

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!

The MENTOR Network Videos

The MENTOR Network – Why Work for Us?

The MENTOR Network is one of shared values and resources. We are an organization offering those who work with us and those we serve the benefits of a strong national structure. Tying The Network together is a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The MENTOR Network interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews posted anonymously by The MENTOR Network employees and interview candidates.