The Marketing Arm Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Marketing Arm.

Interview

Process was very organized and actually dealt with the job. The interviewer was professional and always stayed on topic. I get like I had a good idea of what to expect about the position from the information that was given to me throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a call within a few days to schedule a phone interview with an HR rep, once I passed this interview, she set me up directly with the team I would work for, for the next round of in-person interviews. I had two separate in-person interview, each time meeting with more than one person.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous job?   Answer Question
    • Why this job, this company?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this company, what do you think you will do here? Where do you want to be in a few years?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed 5 times by 7 people...Once over the phone with HR and 4 more times at the offices. I actually felt like I was the one asking all the questions. The interviews were redundant - everyone gave the whole spill about the company when they sat down. I had to come up with more questions.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any of the interview questions other than asking in general if I could handle the tasks of the role.   Answer Question

Junior Art Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from their HR department about two weeks later. They brought me in for two separate interviews. The first interview was with the rest of the creative team. The second interview was with the two Creative Directors of the team. After meeting them, I got another call from HR a couple of days later with an invitation for hire.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was not in a position to. I'd advise trying to get a higher salary if possible because they will low-ball you.

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Laid back interview style, I arrived at the office and met with two individuals separately for a one-on-one session. I believe the interview was more for personality fit than skill qualifications.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember the specific questions, but I don't believe any of them were out of the ordinary line of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at the time.

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Marketing Arm.

Interview

You will most likely meet with a representative from a couple different teams for a period of about 30 minutes and maintain a lot of contact with the recruiters.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty easy, they just talked a lot about what was on my resume.   Answer Question

The Marketing Arm was pretty unprofessional in the recruitment process. They kept me hanging around during my internship interviews, reassuring me that I was a slam dunk, bringing me in to talk to more people, waiting, etc. The process lasted for weeks with me having no idea what was going on and then they just pulled the rug out from under me multiple times. They set interviews up for me that I was in no way qualified for and subsequently got fried in, then I had to initiate contact after weeks to get my rejection email.
           Then, they were dishonest about the availability of a full time position when I was referred there again. They would reassure me that they wanted to hire me, there was just nothing available and would just keep me waiting, keep me waiting. Then, when a connection inquired again, a position suddenly appeared. According to my marketing professors, this is not the first time this has happened to students and they've developed a pretty negative reputation at my business school. I've also known interns that were very disappointed in the way they were treated while they were there. They too were given false promises about full-time employment.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm.

Interview

2 interviews , lots of contact with different people in the organization to get it set up, they call you when they want to get in contact, very normal process if you've ever gone through an interview before

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult. Normal interview. Want to see how interested you are and if you would be a good fit.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I saw an internship posting pop up on their website. Asked a friend who worked their to drop my name to a recruiter. Came in for an interview the next week and got an offer a few days later. The recruiter kept me in the loop, unlike other place I have interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. The interview was more about getting to know me. We went through my book and resume. Pretty typical stuff.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Marketing Arm (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process is painstaking and slow. The recruiters and hiring managers provide little communication.

Interview Questions

• How would you overcome working with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Marketing Arm (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with three separate account executives, all from different accounts within TMA. All three interviews were laid back...more of a conversation than an interview. All three executives were extremely friendly and happy to answer any questions I had about the company. Each interview lasted approximately 15-20 minutes. I was a little intimidated when I first walked in and saw how massive the company was, but the account execs made me feel at ease and very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there weren't any questions that gave me a difficult time. It was mostly the typical questions you would hear in an interview: "Why do you want to work at The Marketing Arm?", "Where do you want to be in five years?", "What about marketing interests you?" etc. I had a few questions prepared, which they definitely seemed to appreciate. Always prepare for your interviews!   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship, so there weren't really any negotiations.