The Melting Pot

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – Very intimidating. Vaguely friendly. I talked with multiple managers and they said they would probably hire me. I waited a few weeks before I received word from them and they told me I had the job. I initially had to redo my application because they had lost it.

Interview Question – No difficult question   Answer Question

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – Standard interview questions (for a restaurant) with GM and possibly an assistant manager.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected, just the standard "what would you do in a stressful situation" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-existent

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – They were very welcoming and got me very excited to want to work there. They seemed to care about your life and goals as well as your career aspirations (that would soon change). They were very professional and checked up on your previous jobs and references. The training was also a lot of fun because you would make all the fondues and try them so that you knew what you were giving to your guests. I actually learned a lot.

Interview Question – Asking about what you would do if you saw a coworker breaking the rules. I used an example of a coworker of mine changing the tip on a check.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all. It is their way or the highway!

Server

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews, one with manager and one with owner, basic questions about background and qualifications and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Question – What separates the Melting Pot from other restaurants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Waitress Interview

Waitress

Interviewed at The Melting Pot

Interview Details – the manager conducted a quick 30 minute interview asking typical behavior questions, why I want to work there, how I can improve at the restaurant, where I see myself in 5 years.

Interview Question – What is the best customer service you've received.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low pay

Hospitality Specialist Interview

Hospitality Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – First interview- prescreening questions. Second interview includes scenario questions.

Interview Question – Do your research, they want to know what you know about their company.   Answer Question

Interviewed at The Melting Pot

Interview Details – Typical restaurant interview, talked about experience in other restaurants, interest in melting pot organization, strengths and weaknesses as a server, schedule for typical work week, expectations for servers within restaurant, met with a second manager to discuss similar topics

Interview Question – Typical questions, nothing difficult   Answer Question

Hospitality Specialist Interview

Hospitality Specialist
Albany, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – So far I have had two interviews and I have my last one tomorrow. The first two have gone well to my knowledge. I was definitely nervous and that may have hindered my performance but other than that the manager has not asked me too many difficult questions. I feel kind of nervous about tomorrow only because I will be talking to a higher up manager so that obviously makes me a little bit more nervous

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself 1, 3 and 5 years down the line?
What are your strengths? (this can be a very difficult question when asked all of the sudden)
  Answer Question

Centerville, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview Details – One interview. Just have to know a current employee

Buffalo, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Melting Pot in April 2010.

Interview Details – I turned in my application in person, the manager came right out and greeted me and sat me down. It was a 5 min meet and greet, he asked me about previous work and scheduling conflicts and why I wanted to work there. Then I scheduled 3 more interviews with all of the managers. Very long and difficult process.

Interview Question – What is one mistake you have made in the past and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Worked for The Melting Pot? Contribute to the Community!