The Melting Pot Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

You get two interviews - one with the GM and one with the AM. At the time it was a job fair, so they gave you an application and after you turn it in, you get started with the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a customer really challenged you during a shift?   Answer Question

Hospitality Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

Applied through job posting on craigslist by submitting my resume was called 2 days later to come in and interview the next day with the general manager. When I got to the restaurant I had to fill out an application. The manager asked me about my experience and told me about the salary and requirments of the job. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

Very intimidating. Vaguely friendly. I talked with multiple managers and they said they would probably hire me. I waited a few weeks before I received word from them and they told me I had the job. I initially had to redo my application because they had lost it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Standard interview questions (for a restaurant) with GM and possibly an assistant manager.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, just the standard "what would you do in a stressful situation" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-existent

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

They were very welcoming and got me very excited to want to work there. They seemed to care about your life and goals as well as your career aspirations (that would soon change). They were very professional and checked up on your previous jobs and references. The training was also a lot of fun because you would make all the fondues and try them so that you knew what you were giving to your guests. I actually learned a lot.

Interview Questions

• Asking about what you would do if you saw a coworker breaking the rules. I used an example of a coworker of mine changing the tip on a check.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations at all. It is their way or the highway!

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

2 Interviews, one with manager and one with owner, basic questions about background and qualifications and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• What separates the Melting Pot from other restaurants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Waitress Interview

Interview

the manager conducted a quick 30 minute interview asking typical behavior questions, why I want to work there, how I can improve at the restaurant, where I see myself in 5 years.

low pay

Hospitality Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Melting Pot.

Interview

First interview- prescreening questions. Second interview includes scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Do your research, they want to know what you know about their company.   Answer Question

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Melting Pot (Littleton, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Steven sat me down and talked to me about my job experience details about the job there and we talked a little bit about myself and he talked about the company. He talked about pay and tips.

Server Interview

Interview

Typical restaurant interview, talked about experience in other restaurants, interest in melting pot organization, strengths and weaknesses as a server, schedule for typical work week, expectations for servers within restaurant, met with a second manager to discuss similar topics