The Members Group Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Members Group

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Members Group (Des Moines, IA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call asking for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was told they would reach out to me in a couple weeks, but instead it took 4 weeks before they finally set up an in-person interview. Then after the in-person, they said one week, two weeks top, it ended up being 2.5 weeks. I didn't get the job, but they said they had another position in the company that opened up and the manager though I would be a fit so I went to that interview. After a week and half, they said that the original position I applied for had another opening and that the original hiring manager wanted to meet with me briefly again since I was their second choice. During that 2nd interview I asked when I could expect to hear back, he said the next business day. He then proceeded to say that, even though it sound facetious, they would be ready to make me an offer at that time... Well that day came and went and two days later I had gotten an EMAIL saying that they decided not to go with me. I then had to call THEM back to find out what happened. What was the worst was the manager basically said I had the job just to take it away, over an email, not even the courtesy of a phone call. They need to learn to treat their applicants better because if that is how they treat the applicants, it makes me question how they would treat me as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest opportunities (nice way of saying weakenesses)   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Members Group.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a call from the recruiter within a couple of days. Initial interview went well with the recruiter. The same day the hiring manager wanted to set up a face-to-face interview. Interviewed via web conference with multiple people. The hiring manager was asking the majority of the questions and everyone seems uninterested from the start. The interview had no energy and was lifeless. I was not sure what to think. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. I never heard from them again.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Members Group (Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Even though I stated I would be fully negotiable she still wanted information. I stated the normal median salary range but explained depending on the benefits, cost of living and relocation information I would negotiate. She & the hiring Mgr. decided to not go on with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about salary as first question. She was ready to end the interview up front but I requested she check with the hiring manager since I already said I would be fully negotiable. To my surprise the hiring manager agreed to not proceed since the range was above what they were willing to offer. BTW: Well below national average.   1 Answer

Product Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Members Group (Des Moines, IA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied for a position that wasn't a great fit, but was contacted by HR for another opening a few weeks later that was a better match for my skill set. I had several phone interviews with various HR representatives, followed by in-person lunch interview with two senior managers.

Interview Questions

• What did I think was the biggest issue facing the payments industry today?   Answer Question

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Members Group (Des Moines, IA) in December 2009.

Interview

General phone call, one in person meeting and then offer by phone...very standard, nothing fancy.

Interview Questions

• Questions about entertaining clients...wild stories, less business and more crazy stuff.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Room to negotiate, but not a lot.