The Mergis Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Brentwood, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Mergis Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – I thought they had a job lead for me but instead they brought me in to interview for a position as a recruiter. I was a little bothered by this. I don't feel they represented the job as it actually was, which was cold calling inside sales with the opportunity to meet/interview candidates. They downplayed the quota on dials and hours of time on the phone required per week.

Negotiation Details – I was comfortable with the offer so I didn't feel the need to negotiate

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

Loan Servicing Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at The Mergis Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The man that I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. He was easy to talk to, which helped make me be not quite as nervous. The questions were all pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary. I was in contact with him for a few weeks following the interview, while he was looking for job opening for me, but after that time I never heard from him again. Which was very disappointing and a little discouraging.

Interview Question – None that really surprised me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Mergis Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – I really didn't interview anyone. They found my resume on a job board, I had experience at their client in a different capacity, I needed work at the time, and it was pretty much handled over the phone. I only went into the office to fill out paperwork. This is for a temporary position.

Interview Question – As mentioned, there were no real questions. They asked for the names of a few people I've previously worked for, and followed up with them. As mentioned, I had some of the experience their client needed, and as a previous employee, I was already in their system.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, this was for a temporary position

Contract Recruiter Interview

Contract Recruiter
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Mergis Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter at site which was closer to my area and their client It was noisy and sometimes hard to hear. Typical interview.

Interview Question – She asked about specific metrics in terms of how they measure performance but we used different benchmarks for performance for my last position.   Answer Question

Senior Executive Recruiter Interview

Senior Executive Recruiter
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Mergis Group in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was a long time ago but it was largely a very informal chat and focused on my background, desired focus area and which local basketball team I rooted for... that was the closer. After meeting with the Managing Director, I was introduced to the team and able to chat with a couple of them to get a "behind the scenes" perspective which sealed the deal for me.

Interview Question – There were no curve balls... chemistry was the key and it was there from the get-go.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Nada... draw against commissions and the opportunity to get paid exactly what you're worth... scary sometimes.

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Mergis Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume through a job board and was contacted the following day. Initial interview consisted of basic questions - tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, etc. From there, my contact said that they would get back to me with new opportunities, which they did.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Mergis Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – It was a phone screen first and then an in-house in-person interview with the recruiters on my team that I'd be joining. They talked all about ramping up and how their growth experience happened. It was very positive and encouraging to know you can come in without any experience.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The commission plan is a joke and the base salary is adequate.

Contractor Interview

Contractor
Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and interviewed at The Mergis Group.

Interview Details – The interview process for The Mergis Group consisted of an online resume submition followed by an interview with a recruiter to get a better feel of my career goals and professional strengths.

Interview Question – The initial interview with the Mergis Group was informational. The tough interviews come from the individual clients and contract positions available.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation as a new contractor

Client/Reporting Analyst Interview

Client/Reporting Analyst
North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Mergis Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – My Executive Recruiter was also the Client Account Executive for the position for which I was hired, throughout the hiring procedure she was kind, and very thorough in explaning expectations from the client standpoint. She asked about my background and allowed me to go into detail regarding my prior experiences. She did not however fully disclose the previous experiences of those who had been in similar or the same positions under the manager I worked with prior to me. Which I wish she had.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about a situation or time when you did not meet your managers expectations...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was short, she pretty much said hey, if you want this position which is a good resume builder, this is what we're offering, and I countered with what I knew to be the going rate for such a position and asked her what her rate cap was, then I used what I knew to be the assumed percentage that most staffing companies usually like to make on top, and offered her a rate not too far from what she was offering, but a bit more. We settled on that amount.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Mergis Group in April 2012.

Interview Details – They make the interview process extremely easy. They reach out to you and ask if you are looking for work, and if you are, then they will set up an interview with you. The interview is laidback, and the recruiters are outgoing and friendly. Best interview I've ever had. They are not trying to trick you.

Interview Question – What is the biggest reason you want to be a recruiter?   Answer Question

Worked for The Mergis Group? Contribute to the Community!