The Mergis Group

www.mergisgroup.com

The Mergis Group Interview Questions

2.3

Loan Servicing Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Mergis Group in October 2013.

The man that I interviewed with was very nice and friendly. He was easy to talk to, which helped make me be not quite as nervous. The questions were all pretty standard and nothing out of the ordinary. I was in contact with him for a few weeks following the interview, while he was looking for job opening for me, but after that time I never heard from him again. Which was very disappointing and a little discouraging.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Mergis Group in May 2013.

Met with recruiter at site which was closer to my area and their client It was noisy and sometimes hard to hear. Typical interview.

Interview Questions
    • She asked about specific metrics in terms of how they measure performance but we used different benchmarks for performance for my last position.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online – interviewed at The Mergis Group.

The interview process for The Mergis Group consisted of an online resume submition followed by an interview with a recruiter to get a better feel of my career goals and professional strengths.

Interview Questions
    • The initial interview with the Mergis Group was informational. The tough interviews come from the individual clients and contract positions available.   View Answer
    No room for negotiation as a new contractor

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Mergis Group in April 2012.

They make the interview process extremely easy. They reach out to you and ask if you are looking for work, and if you are, then they will set up an interview with you. The interview is laidback, and the recruiters are outgoing and friendly. Best interview I've ever had. They are not trying to trick you.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest reason you want to be a recruiter?   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Mergis Group in December 2011.

The people there were very smug and treated me like a number. They don't really care about your job prospects or needs as an unemployed individual. If asked for an interview expect a lot of "constructive criticism" about your credentials without any of the construction.

Interview Questions
    • So I see you have experience using excel. What can you do that would impress me?   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Client/Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Mergis Group in October 2011.

My Executive Recruiter was also the Client Account Executive for the position for which I was hired, throughout the hiring procedure she was kind, and very thorough in explaning expectations from the client standpoint. She asked about my background and allowed me to go into detail regarding my prior experiences. She did not however fully disclose the previous experiences of those who had been in similar or the same positions under the manager I worked with prior to me. Which I wish she had.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about a situation or time when you did not meet your managers expectations...   View Answer
    It was short, she pretty much said hey, if you want this position which is a good resume builder, this is what we're offering, and I countered with what I knew to be the going rate for such a position and asked her what her rate cap was, then I used what I knew to be the assumed percentage that most staffing companies usually like to make on top, and offered her a rate not too far from what she was offering, but a bit more. We settled on that amount.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Mergis Group in October 2011.

Submitted a resume through a job board and was contacted the following day. Initial interview consisted of basic questions - tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, etc. From there, my contact said that they would get back to me with new opportunities, which they did.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Mergis Group in May 2011.

It was a phone screen first and then an in-house in-person interview with the recruiters on my team that I'd be joining. They talked all about ramping up and how their growth experience happened. It was very positive and encouraging to know you can come in without any experience.

Interview Questions
    The commission plan is a joke and the base salary is adequate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Mergis Group in June 2010.

The interview process was pretty laid back. Basically asked me a few things about myself and wanted very detail information about my accomplishments and financial value added to my current employer, so they could sell me to the company they are hiring for.

Interview Questions
    • What size budgets do you work with on a daily basis/   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Mergis Group in April 2010.

I thought they had a job lead for me but instead they brought me in to interview for a position as a recruiter. I was a little bothered by this. I don't feel they represented the job as it actually was, which was cold calling inside sales with the opportunity to meet/interview candidates. They downplayed the quota on dials and hours of time on the phone required per week.

I was comfortable with the offer so I didn't feel the need to negotiate