The Mind

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

I applied online and interviewed at The Mind.

Interview Details – Applied for a position at the Buenos Aires office, and received an email perhaps 3 weeks after my application informing me that I have a phone interview including a brainteaser question. I solved it correctly (with a little calculation error) but didn't get to the next stage - which would have been case interviews. The ambiance of the company seems very interesting, young, international etc.

Interview Question – My brain teaser was about calculating the number of shampoo bottles used in a hotel in Buenos AIres - and then how many boxes of this latter quantity is required to build a 60 meter tower.   Answer Question

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Mind.

Interview Details – I interviewed in 2013. From first interview to decision took 4 weeks. Each interview after the 1st round was about 1 hour long, and they all took place over Skype.

1st Round: Was asked to estimate the number of shampoo bottles used in the Buenos Aires Hilton. As a follow up how many wheelbarrows could these fill up.

2nd round: Case with Senior Consultant about a commodity and how a mining company should react to changing profit margins. Slightly tricky since this one required doing the Business Situation framework first -to understand how commodities market in general and this commodity in particular act- before the profitability framework.

3rd round: Interview with HR partner to gauge fit.

4th round: Case with the Director about gauging business plan for a DVD rental company in NYC way back in the '80s. Market sizing, understanding what factors could affect demand, and some simple math.

Interview Question – Case with Senior Consultant about a commodity and how a mining company should react to changing profit margins.   View Answer

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at The Mind.

Interview Details – Brain Teaser followed by a case study, followed by a typical behavioral interview and then finished with another case study

Interview Question – Estimate the boxes of shampoo the hilton hotel in buenos aires would us in one month   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Junior Consultant Interview

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Mind in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for this position in early January after which I got a response in about 2 weeks asking to continue in the recruitment process. About a month went by with no communication from the company. I followed up again and definitively scheduled the first "brainteaser" interview. A week later I was notified that I passed into the second round of interviews which the company wanted to hold that week. I obliged and had a fit interview and case interview on the same day with different people.

Interview Questions

Junior Consultant Interview

Buenos Aires (Argentina)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Mind in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of 2 Case Interviews with Managers and 2 Experience interviews: one with the HR manager and one with a Partner.

Cases had an international focus and consisted of Market Sizings to asses attractiveness and I was asked to make recommendations.

Experience interview was pretty standard, and additionally included questions about willingness to move to Argentina etc.

Interview Question – How many wheelbarrows could you fill with the coins necessary to build a single tower of coins the height of the Obelisco.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Mind? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Mind interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Mind employees and interview candidates.