The Nature Conservancy

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Hiring process through my university. Not through the nature conservancy. Worked not at HQ. Individualized through a program. Was not too difficult, was competing with other local candidates. Could have been more difficult for a full time job position.

Wetland Restoration Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in September 2014.

I received a call to schedule an interview a few days after the closing date. Prior to the interview, they sent me an e-mail to let me know who I was meeting with and other pertinent information. The interview was conducted by a panel of four people, all of whom I would work with directly. A glass of water was also provided without my asking, which I thought was considerate. The panel took turns asking me questions and they all recorded my answers. At the end, I learned that this was just a first interview and that further steps included a writing assessment and a second interview. I thought the interview went very well but in the end they decided to go with someone else.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were technical in nature although some behavioral based questions were also asked. While I didn't find any of them difficult to answer, it was hard to keep up with the number of questions they asked at one time. It would have been nice to have a copy of the questions during the interview so that I could follow along.   Answer Question

Policy Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

It was a single in-person interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor and another associate. All of the questions were either directly related to the job description, my experience, or my career ambitions. There were no 'zingers'.

Office Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

I had a phone interview to begin with and then waited a week and a half to hear back for an in person interview which was conducted by 2 interviewers. Then I got called back in for a third interview a week later which was a panel interview of 4 people. A few days later I accepted an offer. The interview experience was fantastic...I never felt so comfortable in an interview(s). A phenomenal organization overall!!

Interview Questions
    • Basic situational questions that you learn about in college. The latter interviews are clearly more personality based where they see whether you will be a good fit.   Answer Question

Philanthropy Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Applied online, and had two interviews by telephone. Very friendly interviews, with a lot of information provided by both interviewers on the details of the specific position I applied for and the area of the organization I'd be working in - how it fit with the organization's activities. I really appreciated the detail given because it helped me feel confident about the process.

Another job that was a bit more my 'ideal' dream job suddenly contacted me during this time and I had one interview with them, and they hired me at a salary more than 30% I'd get for this position. It was still a hard choice.

Field Technician Interview

Excellent outreach to me as a candidate. Clear explanation of online application requirements. Reasonable amount of time to notify me of hiring results.

Interview Questions
    • None. The hiring process was very straightforward with all questions relating to the information I submit about my prior experience.   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate because the position was part-time and temporary.

Project Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy in August 2013.

Phone screening then two in-office screening - very nice people, quite basic questions. Having concrete examples ready is good. Very nice office. The interview was a 3-person panel where they took turns asking questions. Classic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you successfully improved an operating system."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy in July 2013.

Relatively easy process. Background check required, though no drug test, so it was a pretty quick hiring process. Interviewers were very nice, answered all questions and were always professional and helpful.

Interview Questions
    • No really unexpected questions- typical "what are your skills", "what do you bring to the table", etc.   Answer Question
    Originally it was supposed to be a one semester internship, but they were pleased with my work and extended it an additional semester.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in April 2013.

there was just one call with my future boss, very casual and informative. it was an unpaid internship so very little information was needed in the interview process. I had a family friend who referred me, making the process a lot easier

Interview Questions
    it was an unpaid internship so very little negotiation

Global PR Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Nature Conservancy in March 2013.

Telephone interview with the HR associate. Very professional, organized lady with good questions about my past experiences and capabilities.