The Nature Conservancy

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Policy Associate Interview

Policy Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview Details – It was a single in-person interview with the person who would be my direct supervisor and another associate. All of the questions were either directly related to the job description, my experience, or my career ambitions. There were no 'zingers'.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview to begin with and then waited a week and a half to hear back for an in person interview which was conducted by 2 interviewers. Then I got called back in for a third interview a week later which was a panel interview of 4 people. A few days later I accepted an offer. The interview experience was fantastic...I never felt so comfortable in an interview(s). A phenomenal organization overall!!

Interview Question – Basic situational questions that you learn about in college. The latter interviews are clearly more personality based where they see whether you will be a good fit.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in April 2013.

Interview Details – there was just one call with my future boss, very casual and informative. it was an unpaid internship so very little information was needed in the interview process. I had a family friend who referred me, making the process a lot easier

Interview Question – no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was an unpaid internship so very little negotiation

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
Washington, DC

I interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in April 2012.

Interview Details – Friendly conversation, phone and in person interviews, panel interviews and examples needed. Looked to be hiring on personality as well as skills. Very professional and up front about job requirements. Non-profit experience not required, but helpful. Looks like they have good work/life balance. Salary range was decent for a non-profit.

Philanthropy Assistant Interview

Philanthropy Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy.

Interview Details – Applied online, and had two interviews by telephone. Very friendly interviews, with a lot of information provided by both interviewers on the details of the specific position I applied for and the area of the organization I'd be working in - how it fit with the organization's activities. I really appreciated the detail given because it helped me feel confident about the process.

Reason for Declining – Another job that was a bit more my 'ideal' dream job suddenly contacted me during this time and I had one interview with them, and they hired me at a salary more than 30% I'd get for this position. It was still a hard choice.

Executive Coordinator Interview

Executive Coordinator
Lansing, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in October 2010.

Interview Details – one phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews; three "homework" assignments

Interview Question – What are your greatest weaknesses as an employee   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern
Peoria, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in July 2013.

Interview Details – Relatively easy process. Background check required, though no drug test, so it was a pretty quick hiring process. Interviewers were very nice, answered all questions and were always professional and helpful.

Interview Question – No really unexpected questions- typical "what are your skills", "what do you bring to the table", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Originally it was supposed to be a one semester internship, but they were pleased with my work and extended it an additional semester.

Field Technician Interview

Field Technician

Interview Details – Excellent outreach to me as a candidate. Clear explanation of online application requirements. Reasonable amount of time to notify me of hiring results.

Interview Question – None. The hiring process was very straightforward with all questions relating to the information I submit about my prior experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate because the position was part-time and temporary.

Project Associate Interview

Project Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in August 2013.

Interview Details – Phone screening then two in-office screening - very nice people, quite basic questions. Having concrete examples ready is good. Very nice office. The interview was a 3-person panel where they took turns asking questions. Classic interview questions.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you successfully improved an operating system."   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Operations Assistant
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nature Conservancy in March 2012.

Interview Details – Took a couple weeks to call me back after I submitted my resume. Set up a phone screening, then 2 in-person interviews, then another interview on the phone.

The process seemed a bit overkill for the position, but I guess you've got to make sure you have the right person for the job.

Interview Question – Pretty run of the mill questions. A lot about how you work on teams vs. individually, PC & tech questions (job specific), etc. Nothing outstanding.   Answer Question

Worked for The Nature Conservancy? Contribute to the Community!