The Neat Company

2.0

QA Automation Engineer Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Neat Company in June 2014.

I interviewed with them at their office in downtown Philadelphia. The office was nice and had kind of a start upy feel to it, with open working spaces and no cubicles. I interviewed with the VP of Software Engineering and a Developer in a room with a white board. First, they briefly asked me about some of the experiences on my resume. Additionally, they asked me to talk about a personal project that I had worked on and how I could improve it (I explained the source code for it as well). After that we got down to business,I was to debug a problem with their webapp, I literally had to solve it on their computer right then and there I used the Chrome inspector to figure it out. I was asked to explain what some mystery function did, it turned out that it was just a function that deletes a specified amount of a character string. I was given hints throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • The real time debugging was a little off putting but they provided hints so it was Okay. I was a problem with the way that their download link was being generated by their JavaScript.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Neat Company in November 2013.

Be friendly and have some computer experience

none

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Neat Company.

I was referred here from a friend. I applied on their site and submitted my application to their recruiter. I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone screen and then brought in for a series of face to face interviews.

First I interviewed with a few QA members. This was pretty easy and straightforward. It was just a casual conversation about QA practices. This lasted for about an hour.

I then met with the VP of QA, She was awesome! Great deal of experience in testing ask some questions about my background. Overall the interview process was really straightforward. I learned a lot about the company and Believe it would be a great fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult questions, just asked me about my automation experience.   Answer Question
    Little room to negotiate, but fair compensation.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Neat Company in December 2012.

One phone screen with HR recruiter then a phone interview with the CTO, then I came into the office for "tag-team" interviews with a colleague, and 3 managers

Interview Questions
    They made an offer which I at the time considered fair (financially) for the role and accepted.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Neat Company in March 2012.

Standard procedure - submit resume, interview with HR, interview with your department head. I felt it was a very good fit from the start. The orientation was painless and I was very excited to be hired and to start working.

Kiosk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at The Neat Company.

The interview process was pretty easy. There was only one, long drawn out conversation and a follow up phone call or two with the operations manager.

Interview Questions
    • The manager didn't ask very many difficult questions, other than things like "tell me about a situation when" type of questions.   Answer Question
    There wasn't much opportunity for negotiation.

Sales and Development Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Neat Company in June 2009.

It was ok.

Technical Support Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Neat Company in March 2008.

I was screened over the phone less than an hour after submitting my resume, and I had an interview the nest week. That went well - met with the manager of the dept and a typical day was described by the interviewer.

I was brought back in for a second interview the next week and met with the supervisor of the department and asked some simple questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you check how much RAM is on a Windows Computer?   Answer Question