The New York Botanical Garden

Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The New York Botanical Garden in August 2013.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview, they requested a writing sample, an interview with HR, a skills test, an interview with someone in the marketing department, a writing assignment, an interview with the head of the marketing department. This took roughly two months but resulted in no job offer. Seemed like a pretty elaborate process for a low paying entry level position.

Interview Question – Was surprised by a request for a 3rd writing assignment despite submitting a writing sample and completing writing assignment during the interview process.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Retail Sales

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The New York Botanical Garden.

Interview Details – Had phone call with HR. Then met for in person interview with HR. The same day I spoke with what would be my direct supervisor. Very quick process.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Pretty standard, what would you do if a customer did x.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The New York Botanical Garden in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview asked a series of questions, Im assuming from a list. The interviewer ook heavy notes on what I said. The interviewer also asked some of the same questions that I was screened for through the phone interview. After, there was a writing competency test.

Interview Question – Name a time when you managed a group of people   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Marketing Interview

Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Marketing
Bronx, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The New York Botanical Garden in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview after submitting my resume online. I was tested on MicroSoft Word & Excel and interviewed by human resources. I was then called back for a second interview with the Vice President of Markting. The next day I was offered the job.

Negotiation Details – No.

Worked for The New York Botanical Garden? Contribute to the Community!