The Nielsen Company Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

69 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

There is behavior and analytical test before you even get a chance to speak to someone. You have to be open for multitasking and following rules in your behavior test and good analytical thinking for the other part. You will talk to 2-3 people among which will be the hiring manager unless you are interviewed at a college event where it will be all random.The questionnaire's are standard but hiring managers always throw softballs at you that might be tricky.

Interview Questions
Recruiter calls you with the offer. I asked for higher pay and they increased by $2k.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2013.

I was referred by a current employee. The recruiter contacted me within a few days. After a brief phone interview I was told I would be taking the Assessment Test. The test was not too difficult. The recruiter was back in contact with me to ask for a college transcript. She was told I would hear from the company as soon as the hiring manager was back from vacation in a few days. Two weeks later I received an e-mail saying they are moving forward with other applicants.

Analyst Interview

The first round was a phone interview which was a general rundown of your resume. Then, the onsite interview involved 4+ individual interviews. Each person was from a different team/category (ie: pharma, CPG). Again, this was going through your resume. They spoke to what their specific did. Questions were about why you are interested in the position. The last stage of the process involved analyzing a data set and creating a presentation of findings and recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • The analytical project was difficult in that I didn't have prior experience with the TV industry specifically so the data and terms were unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Typical for Nielsen from what I understand: phone screening by a recruiter, invitation for a first interview on site. Met with two analysts, both very nice. The analytical assessment, which you can learn plenty about here, is absolutely ridiculous. I have an MA in a quantitative discipline and I would not have been able to answer most of the questions if I had not found some of them here. The last time I answered a Venn diagram question was in high school.

I'm going to withdraw from the process, as I am not interested in the job. But honestly, even if I were interested, I am not sure I'd want to work for a company that uses such a pointless screening exam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oldsmar, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oldsmar, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The interview process was long and involved many calls back and forth to the HR Recruiter. The interviews were weeks apart, I thought I would never hear from them again, then the next call came. The recruiter quit in the middle of my interviewing process and I had to call and ask why the process stalled.

Interview Questions

I had a bad feeling about the company because the onboarding process was too long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2011.

Phone interview then in person interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position.

Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test.

The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.

Analyst Interview

The interviewers are always manager level or higher. They ask a mix of behavioral questions and simple case questions (market sizing, marketing strategy, etc.). There are 3 rounds of interviews. First is a test, second is one interview and third is 3 interviews in a row. The interviewers really put you at ease and just want to get to know you and see how well you will fit with the company.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter says they do not negotiate salary

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Had a first round interview and the recruiter was very personable. No tricky or technical questions, but rather just asking about personal experiences and background education.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you faced a challenge and how you worked through it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The first interview was a telephone interview with HR. The discussion was based on my market research experience. If you are able to have an intelligent conversation about your experience, you are offered the opportunity to take an assessment. The assessment tests your reasoning skills and some workplace behavior. If you do well you are interviewed by a department executive.

Interview Questions
    • Allowed only 3 minutes per reasoning question   View Answer

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!