The Nielsen Company

Average Difficulty
67 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at The Nielsen Company

Interview Details – The first round was a phone interview which was a general rundown of your resume. Then, the onsite interview involved 4+ individual interviews. Each person was from a different team/category (ie: pharma, CPG). Again, this was going through your resume. They spoke to what their specific did. Questions were about why you are interested in the position. The last stage of the process involved analyzing a data set and creating a presentation of findings and recommendations.

Interview Question – The analytical project was difficult in that I didn't have prior experience with the TV industry specifically so the data and terms were unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Typical for Nielsen from what I understand: phone screening by a recruiter, invitation for a first interview on site. Met with two analysts, both very nice. The analytical assessment, which you can learn plenty about here, is absolutely ridiculous. I have an MA in a quantitative discipline and I would not have been able to answer most of the questions if I had not found some of them here. The last time I answered a Venn diagram question was in high school.

I'm going to withdraw from the process, as I am not interested in the job. But honestly, even if I were interested, I am not sure I'd want to work for a company that uses such a pointless screening exam.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Oldsmar, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – The interview process was long and involved many calls back and forth to the HR Recruiter. The interviews were weeks apart, I thought I would never hear from them again, then the next call came. The recruiter quit in the middle of my interviewing process and I had to call and ask why the process stalled.

Interview Question – Do you prefer working in an Agile environment?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a bad feeling about the company because the onboarding process was too long.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stamford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview then in person interview

Interview Question – How would you validate a linear regression model?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position.

Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test.

The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Question – None stand out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.

Interviewed at The Nielsen Company

Interview Details – The interviewers are always manager level or higher. They ask a mix of behavioral questions and simple case questions (market sizing, marketing strategy, etc.). There are 3 rounds of interviews. First is a test, second is one interview and third is 3 interviews in a row. The interviewers really put you at ease and just want to get to know you and see how well you will fit with the company.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter says they do not negotiate salary

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Had a first round interview and the recruiter was very personable. No tricky or technical questions, but rather just asking about personal experiences and background education.

Interview Question – Name a time you faced a challenge and how you worked through it   Answer Question

New York, NY

Interviewed at The Nielsen Company

Interview Details – The first interview was a telephone interview with HR. The discussion was based on my market research experience. If you are able to have an intelligent conversation about your experience, you are offered the opportunity to take an assessment. The assessment tests your reasoning skills and some workplace behavior. If you do well you are interviewed by a department executive.

Interview Question – Allowed only 3 minutes per reasoning question   View Answer

Evanston, IL

I interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2013.

Interview Details – 4 round in total. Phone interview with HR, basic behavior questions. Then online test, which is extremely challenging. Third round is still phone interview but with a director. Both behavior and technical questions were asked. Last round would be in their office. I am still waiting for the last round. On general, the interviewers are all very nice.

Interview Question – regression models.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – After resume screening, you will be given a straightforward assessment of math/statistical knowledge, that also includes a condensed case study and a writing sample. Interview questions themselves were mostly behavioral, with some business-issue related questions here and there. Relatively relaxed, but still professional environment.

Interview Question – No non-standard behavioral interview questions came up during my interview process. What's an example of a time you worked on a dysfunctional team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real chance to negotiate for the position I was offered.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!