The Nielsen Company

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

74 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Had a first round interview and the recruiter was very personable. No tricky or technical questions, but rather just asking about personal experiences and background education.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you faced a challenge and how you worked through it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The first interview was a telephone interview with HR. The discussion was based on my market research experience. If you are able to have an intelligent conversation about your experience, you are offered the opportunity to take an assessment. The assessment tests your reasoning skills and some workplace behavior. If you do well you are interviewed by a department executive.

Interview Questions
    • Allowed only 3 minutes per reasoning question   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

After resume screening, you will be given a straightforward assessment of math/statistical knowledge, that also includes a condensed case study and a writing sample. Interview questions themselves were mostly behavioral, with some business-issue related questions here and there. Relatively relaxed, but still professional environment.

Interview Questions
    • No non-standard behavioral interview questions came up during my interview process. What's an example of a time you worked on a dysfunctional team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    No real chance to negotiate for the position I was offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2013.

4 round in total. Phone interview with HR, basic behavior questions. Then online test, which is extremely challenging. Third round is still phone interview but with a director. Both behavior and technical questions were asked. Last round would be in their office. I am still waiting for the last round. On general, the interviewers are all very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2013.

I was referred by a current employee. The recruiter contacted me within a few days. After a brief phone interview I was told I would be taking the Assessment Test. The test was not too difficult. The recruiter was back in contact with me to ask for a college transcript. She was told I would hear from the company as soon as the hiring manager was back from vacation in a few days. Two weeks later I received an e-mail saying they are moving forward with other applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Professional HR staff. Very straight forwards.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

1st round interview is mostly behavioral. 2nd round interview rotated with 3 different individuals.

Interview Questions
    • "What are 3 reasons why you would not be a good fit for this job?"   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The process was no different than what others have reported here. My experience was very positive and enjoyable. Although it was lengthy, the recruiter kept me informed though every step.

The online assessment is challenging and there is really no way to prepare for it. Be ready for mostly logic questions and be ready to work fast.

I interviewed with 3 groups of 2 people each. They asked many of the same behavioral questions already posted on previous reviews. There were no surprises and everyone was incredibly nice and accommodating. The case study questions are open ended and there is no right answer. They are looking at your though process and your ability to think logically.

Interview Questions
    I was successful in getting slightly more than the originally offered. Don't be afraid to negotiate. It can't hurt you and

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2013.

I found the job posting on an online Job board and applied through their website. About a month later I received an email to set up an initial phone screening. The phone interview was pretty straight forward, asking me about my experiences related to the role ;although there were a few tricky situational type questions . I was then set up to take the assessment (which was called a Critical Thinking test). This test is really sort of an IQ test ; there are a few critical thinking questions , some logic puzzles and a few mathematical calculations. I'm not sure how some one could prepare for it ; perhaps just brush up on your critical thinking and logical skills . I am assuming I passed ,because the next morning I received an email to set up an Phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview went pretty well , there were not any unexpected or difficult questions really. Overall it was an Ok experience.

Interview Questions
    • When is a time when you had to explain something complex in a simple way?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruiting for the Professional Services: Analyst position. Had 1 45min interview with two people (one recent grad, one manager) which consisted mostly of behavioral and one general case question. Also took a 90 min assessment that had some case thinking and math questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nielsen? and the position?
      Teamwork experiences?
      Who are some of Nielsen's competitors

Answer Question