The Nielsen Company

3.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2014.

I had a contact refer me. I applied online. Took the online test. The online test is primarily word problems and then some personality questions. Nielsen doesn't provide any practice tests. I recommend using the P&G practice test. The online test are very similar (Nielsen doesn't have the shapes relationships that P&G does).

Interview Questions
  • Be prepared for a situational question. For example, Tide detergent sales are slumping and P&G asks why. What do you do?   Answer Question

Other offer that was more in line with the work I wanted to do.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Applied for one job with 2 rounds of on-site interviews after a call with an HR rep. They hired internally for that job, but contacted me back about 3 weeks after the 2nd interview to consider me for 1 one 3 open positions. Had an interview with 2 managers onsite asking pretty normal questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me out of the 3 jobs available, which one would I prefer the most and why. I had to carefully consider the aspects of each job as well as the fact that one of these two managers would be my new manager depending upon which position I selected.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate salary. At this time it was an entry-level position and I took what I could to get in the door. Only negotiation was start time, which was able to happen about 3 weeks after the final interview and offer.

Associate Analyst Interview

Very straightforward interview process. You're basically a connection from the client to Nielsen's vast resources of services and products. If you're on-site your a salesman who can do some data analysis, so the interview questions are based on this.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2011.

Phone interview, in person interview with HR (Basic behavioural questions), take-home case study, in house logic test, interview with 2 hiring managers and presented case study

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a client not accepting your recommendation?   View Answer