The Nielsen Company

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bentonville, AR

I applied online and interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Original phone interview was given within a few days of their receipt of my application. While I expected the initial interview to be more about soft skills and matching me with the company, it instead focused almost entirely on analytics and my abilities with manipulating data. Following the interview, I was given an assessment, comprised of several parts, including a Myers-Briggs section and an logical reasoning section.

Interview Question – The recruiter was very persistent in identifying my experience with pivot tables specifically, to the point where 1/3rd of the interview was spent on that facet alone.   View Answer

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2010.

Interview Details – You have an initial phone screening- this is very basic. Then you go into an Nielsen office to take a written test. This test has logic- based questions you have to solve in 90 minutes. There is a multiple choice section and then a couple of questions where you offer written responses. If you 'pass' that test, you head in to interview with the team and possibly the client.

Interview Question – The interviews were a breeze...the test before that does require some thinking. In retrospect, the questions are pretty well suited for isolating candidates that can think in the way that is needed to be successful in the professional services roles.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy for me- I had the upper hand because they were close to their contracted time frame for hiring in someone to fill the vacant spot.

Very Easy Interview

Albany, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was underwhelmed by both Nielsen and their client. The recruiter couldn't answer my questions, mainly directions to the client's new headquarters. I did arrive a head of the appointed time at the client's new HQ offices to take the 90 minute assessment test. In order to proceed, I needed to hand over my license so the client could make me guest pass. Now the client has some very personal information of mine. I was never informed by Nielsen or their client that I would have to surrender by license. Had I not been so focused on taking the test, I would have rescinded my candidacy.

While taking the exam, the client put some another's candidate's resume in with my exam.

Interview Question – While prepping for the test, practice GMAT or MCAT exams with out choices. Word problems are openended.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2010.

Interview Details – I received an e-mail shortly after applying on-line for a position. The recruiter planned a time for a screening call and contacted me shortly within the time they mentioned. I was thrown off by the intensity of the questions as I had not anticipated it to be as serious and the recruiter seemed way more friendly through e-mail interaction. I felt I tripped up a lot despite preparing

Nevertheless less I was asked to take the analytical assessment, which consists of 10 mathematical questions (similar to gre/ gmat questions), writing sample, and case study.

Interview Question – What do you know about Nielsen and this position?   Answer Question

Associate Client Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phone call, followed by in-person interview and assessment test

Interview Question – How many flags are sold in the US every year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Associate Client Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a Recruiter for the position. I was asked general "get-to-know-me" type questions. We discussed about my past work experience and skills. If you get to clear the phone interview, they set you up to take an analytical assessment test which is 90mins long and has about 10 quantitative type questions and 2 cases.

Interview Question – What do you know about the Nielsen Company?   Answer Question

Associate Client Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2008.

Interview Details – There was an easy phone screen first, followed by an intelligence test and several 1:1 interviews. The test itself wasn't too difficult - if you've done any case studies in business school you could handle this without much trouble. Interviews as always depended on the interviewer.

Interview Question – Nothing terribly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company Associate Client Manager interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees and interview candidates.