The Nielsen Company Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

First interview with Hr, about 20 minutes
    Test/assessment, about 45 minutes
    Second interview with a senior manager, about 1 hour
    Third interview on site with 3 people, each 45 minutes, back to back

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2014.

Was contacted by an HR rep about a month after submitting my application online. Had a phone interview in the following days, which was easy and nothing out of the ordinary, although be prepared for "give an example of a time you had to explain a complex topic in simple terms". After that, there was an online assessment, which consisted of both personality questions, as well as a series of logic questions (the kind where you are given some info and have to put events in the correct order). You get 3 minutes per logic question. I was then contacted the following week for an on-site interview and exam. The exam is 1 hour, 10 questions (with sub parts) and not challenging if you've read the posts on here and prepared for the topics. Then there were three 45-minute interviews. The questions really depend on the interviewer. My first one was very heavy on the analytical questions, e.g. you have 15 minutes and a ruler, how do you measure how many blades of grass are on a football field. The other 2 were more behavioral, with a few marketing/analytical questions, e.g. there's a store with whole, 2%, 1%, skim, and chocolate milk, the owner wants to add soy milk, which milk to you take out and why (just be able to justify your response, there's no right answer). Then there's lunch with a current analyst, which is casual and just a fun time to talk about the role and the company! I don't think this happens often, but I then had another quick phone interview, and at the end I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How much milk is sold in the US every year?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate, I was happy with the offer and excited to work for the company!

Professional Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2014.

Was interviewed by two Nielsen employees. The interview consisted of resume, behavioral, and analytical/marketing questions. It wasn't very conversational, as they were simply reading off a list. I wasn't expecting the analytical and marketing questions to take up about half of the interview, as others who applied only had behavioral questions. Prior to the interview, I met one of my interviewers at pre-night, and when I asked him about tips, he suggested to vibe well with the interviewer and find a common interest and hobby. He said that during his interview, he talked about football for like 15 minutes. Was not impressed.

Interview Questions
    • How many people fly out of the Chicago O'hare airport on a Monday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2013.

4 round in total. Phone interview with HR, basic behavior questions. Then online test, which is extremely challenging. Third round is still phone interview but with a director. Both behavior and technical questions were asked. Last round would be in their office. I am still waiting for the last round. On general, the interviewers are all very nice.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2013.

Submitted my resume online; recieved an email 2 weeks later to set up an screening call with HR. After, completed an online test (personality/logic, similar to "games" portion of LSAT) and was contacted the next business day to schedule face-to-face interviews. Met 1 week later with 3 people in the office; 3 45-minute interviews, all with a different interveiw approach: 1) explain work style and approach; 2) answer how you would deal with sample client issues; 3) technical related - analysis of sample regression model and some simple problem solving from there. Offer extended the next business day.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you missed a deadline, and how you resolved the issue. Sounds simple, but it was actually difficult for me to think of a time.   Answer Question
    Negotiating is still onging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Professional HR staff. Very straight forwards.

Research Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2013.

I initially spoke with a recruiter from Florida. She was very pleasant and simply verified my resume. Then I spoke on the phone with two different managers from Florida and California. They asked mainly behavior questions. After that I was brought into the office to speak with those who work in the office. Again, primarily behavior questions.
    After that, I was given an offer.

Interview Questions
    None- they said this offer is the best they can do

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2013.

I applied online then got an email about a month later. I then went through 3 phone interviews but did not get the first position. About a week later I had another interview for a different position. I had a phone interview and a personality test

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2013.

I applied online; 2 weeks later HR did a phone interview with me. I was sent the assessment test and then talked with the hiring manager. The interview itself was almost combative in nature which surprised me. Two weeks after that, HR let me know they went in a different direction.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you apply to my open position instead of BASES where your most recent experience lies?   View Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2013.

An internal employee referral helped me get my resume and application to the right recruiting team. I was then contacted about a week later by Human Resources and had two phone screenings with two separate individuals within HR. The position I had applied for was eventually extended to another candidate, but they told me other similar positions would be posted soon and that they would consider me for those. About a week later I received a follow-up call from HR telling me about a new opening and I was immediately scheduled for two phone interviews - one with a would-be peer and one with the person I was replacing. After those discussions, they scheduled me for a final round of phone interviews with the hiring manager and another peer. I received an offer the next business day!!

Interview Questions
    • No questions were unexpected. Most of my interviews were very conversational rather than the typical canned questions. This made the discussions more of an equal exchange.   Answer Question
    Compensation and benefits including vacation time were excellent right out of the gate. No additional negotiation was necessary on my part.