The Nielsen Company

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2013.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and then was asked to take the online assessment test. It was mostly logic type questions followed by a personality test. I learned I had passed this test and then was asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the second phone interview, I went in and meet the person who would be my direct boss and the executive Vice President. I was given every indication that I was a top candidate. Surprisingly, after the interview I never heard back from HR or the hiring manager despite my attempts to follow up. Very unprofessional process.

Interview Question – I was asked to do an analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2010.

Interview Details – Talked at an industry function with a Nielsen employee, he then reached out to me based on our conversation and my expressed interest. Interviews were scheduled with VP, Director, and then two "Associate" level folks. I met with VP and Associates first, then went to lunch with the Director I would be working for, which made for a more relaxed final interview.

Interview Question – The VP did ask me to describe how I would handle two situations, one where Nielsen data was correct but the client interpreted it wrong and one where the Nielsen data was wrong, leading client in the wrong direction.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary up and vacation up from initial offer.

Very Easy Interview

Client Service Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – This was just a basic interview. Asked general questions about my resume, then asked for my availability and expected salary. The person interviewing me was very very nice!

Interview Question – When are you available to start?   Answer Question

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!