The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Consultant Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

basic knowledge about stat analysis. Need some advance knowledge about SAS coding.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2012.

started with a phone call from HR. them we have to prepare a busness case and present it to a senior audience. after that you will have 2 interviews with people from the area which is hiring and "your boss boss"

Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2010.

Nielsen interview? Well.. dont tie your shoe laces just yet. Because considering the amount of re-scheduling, delaying and complete disregard for your time, you will be left with a lot of days to pursue hobbies like staring at a dead phone.

After my first interaction with a recruiter, three re-schedules (at the 11th hour) and 3 weeks later, I get the first call. Cleared. Great. Another telephonic interview is scheduled, gets re-scheduled (at the 11th hour) and one week later. Cleared. Awesome. No communication from anyone after that for over 3 weeks, and a reminder mail is sent from me, and later yet another telephonic interview, gets re-scheduled, interviewer does not even call me at the promised time. A mail is sent, and call comes in after 3 hours from promised time. Dead tired, exhausted. Blew it!

By far the most unnecessarily stressful interview process of my career! The whole interview process from the first mail took more that 60 days! Before I blew it... At a level I was glad it got over as it just got too stressful to handle... not the interviews, but the constant delays, re-schedules and following up with the people.

The people are friendly and good, but the way the interview process was handled, makes me run away. If you get a call, or are trying to get in, best of luck to you! You are indeed a brave... or a patient soul! Considering my experience, it seems that Nielsen has purposely created an interview process that tests your patience, not exactly understand what they gain from it though. Three telephonic interviews, one face-to-face, and a few rounds more. If you last till the very end, I do hope you have some good salary negotiating skills!

Best of luck!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about yourself. (Nielsen loves ambiguous questions). It helps them gauge a candidates flow of thoughts and mental structuring. Be prepared for this!   View Answer