The Nielsen Company Interview Questions in Covington, KY

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2011.

Had a first round interview on campus with the recruiter. Mostly behavioral questions and a relaxed environment. I then had to take a short test. I believe it was 10 quantitative questions and 2 case questions. I went on to a second round interview in Covington, KY. I met first with a recently hired analyst and then had three back-to-back interviews with upper management, each one lasting 45 minutes. All the questions were behavioral. All in all it was not a bad interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were criticized for your performance. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you worked in a group setting and did not see eye to eye with one of your teammates.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

The onsite interview process consists of a breakfast with an analyst (generally someone that has only worked there for about 3 months), 3 back to back 1:1 interviews and a Q&A session that includes a panel of analysts.

The breakfast was informational and not used to evaluate candidates. It was an opportunity to learn more about the company and what it is like to start out as an analyst there.

The 3 interviews consisted of behavioral questions. Some people received case questions and hypothetical marketing situations, but it was mostly behavioral.

The Q&A session started with analysts discussing what they do and the variety of opportunities available for professional development at Nielsen. This was a very relaxed environment.

Overall, the breakfast was a great opportunity to learn what to emphasize in your interview. The 3 interviews were not intimidating, and the interviewers were really interested in knowing what questions the candidate had. The total process really allowed the opportunity to get a sense of the office and company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Amazon comes to you to market Kindle to college students. How would you go about evaluating this decision and how would you market it?   View Answer
    • Describe a time when you had an idea and no one else agreed with you. How did you solve the disagreement?   Answer Question

Information Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2011.

Completely Amateurish

Had two phone interviews. Was told that they hoped to have the job filled by Oct 15th.

Got NO feedback from anyone unless I first initiated contact. Kept asking if I was still being considered to only be thanked for my patience and to be told things weren’t moving forward as quickly as they had hoped.
    Finally wrote another email on Oct 28th asking if I was still under consideration and was finally told that they were looking elsewhere. This might be fine to treat the freshly out of college candidates that Nielsen seems to be so attached to, but I was interviewing for a senior level position, and to have to email them just to find out that I was no longer under consideration was just an insult.

Totally inept and mismanaged interview process.

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2011.

This was the very first round by HR. Very simple situational questions about handling a cpg clients business question. She mentioned next wud have been an analytical round on site. Went well but the compensation pkg seemed low compared to my current place of work.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help a cpg increase presence on a retailers shelf?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2011.

Communication with Recruiter via email and set up phone screening. Questions were specific to field and types of jobs I was applying for. One example was:

"if you have a client that wants to launch a new product, what are some of the kep information that you would want to know before making a recommendation?"

Interview Questions
    • what is some of the key information you would want to have before making a recommendation to a client whether or not to move forward with launching a product?   View Answers (17)

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2010.

For university recruiting, you first take a skills test comprised of math and logic. This test is followed by a 1:1 interview the same day. After the first round interview, they bring you in for an office interview where you have an informal breakfast/lunch followed by three 1:1 interviews with different organization representatives. The day ends with a Q&A panel for the interviewee's benefit. The interview questions test your thought process and logic to make sure you are thorough in your work. People are very friendly and the atmosphere is very young.

Interview Questions
    • How would you determine if you should open a Starbucks in the area?   Answer Question
    • How would you estimate the number of planes leaving a large international airport in a day?   Answer Question
    Negotiation is probably off the table for the recruiting process. They are distributing offers for numerous university recruits that are pretty standard.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!