The Nielsen Company Director Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jakarta (Indonesia)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2012.

3 rounds of interviews with regional head of HR, with country MD and then team. I have worked in Nielsen before in various parts of the globe before applying here

Interview Questions
I negotiated a reasonable salary but definitely not the best in the industry. Boutique agencies give 30% more but then the job description will be different

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The interview process is different for different parts of the business. Expect a written test with a mix of quantitative and analytical problems. The focus is on approach over accuracy.
    The interview process will be 2-3 rounds depending on the level and will involve team leaders and business leaders. The interview will focus on previous experience and relevance to the role being offered. Be prepared of how have you contributed to make the things better or simpler in your organisation

Interview Questions
    • How will you measure the demand of sanitary napkins in a country like india?
      elaborate on a study you recently did - what were the findings and how did it impact the client organisation?
        Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2010.

Seemed like they were trying to keep me as a second (or third) option. I had a total of six meetings, one with a corporate recruiter, one taking an aptitude test, and two each with the hiring manager and the hiring manager's boss. They were inflexible on scheduling the interviews, which was extremely inconvenient for me as I was carrying a heavy workload at my then-current job and had to scramble to make all of these meetings. It took over a month to get through these interviews, which all seemed to go well.

To delay things even more, they asked me to provide references as a final step. I contacted my references and told them to expect a call from these guys. Which never came. After a week of no calls to my references, I left a message with the hiring manager. Then I got a call saying they filled the position with an internal candidate. Very disappointing.

And very unprofessional to ask for references as "a last step" with no intent to follow up on them. One thing to waste my time, but it was quite embarrassing for me after personally contacting my references and providing them the context for my request, only for them to not actually be contacted. In all, six weeks of BS from them.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions: explain a situation in the past where you had to influence a client through a recommendation resulting from research data. What was the business result of your recommendation? Nothing really outrageous.

The most interesting part of the process was the skills test. I think 90 minutes and it was like taking the GMAT. Had to write a persuasive letter and answer maybe 20 word problems.
        Answer Question

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!