The Nielsen Company

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Greenville, SC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had to take an aptitude and psychological test to progress in the interview process.There were lots of what if type questions that had right answers. If you had never had experience with the question, you had no chance to answer it correctly, even though the position required no experience. Lasted about an hour with the hiring manager

Interview Question – Why should I not hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the salary and benefits are set and non-negotiable.

Interviewed at The Nielsen Company

Interview Details – Very simple two day process. The first day involved a Presentation about the company and specific job duties followed by an aptitude test. The second day only required an interview. Standard questions were asked plus specifics regarding comfort level with the situations you find yourself in regarding this position. For instance: How do you feel about working in a home with feces on the floor in front of the TV or a home with urine smells. Also, they want to know your availability to relocate for certain positions. Interviewers tell you what you want to hear if they are interested in you.

Interviewed at The Nielsen Company

Interview Details – Things have changed alot but they are looking for someone very customer service driven so that is one place you need to shine,

Interview Question – There are written tests that are difficult to finish for most people   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2009.

Interview Details – Sit down with the Field Supervisor and/or Field Manager. Asks you questions about previous experience, let you know about all the driving and possible traveling you will have to do.

Interview Question – No exceptially difficult questions   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2008.

Interview Details – Filled out online app and submitted resume. Was contacted for a phone interview. After phone interview, was called in for a couple of logic and personality tests. After that, had a 2:1 interview. Had to call back a few times to get results, finally got job due to my persistence.

Interview Question – Convince me to go on a rafting trip with you considering I don't like water.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. The salary was posted on the application. I did try to get relocation assistance with no luck.

Field Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interview is very precise and to the point. The assessment test is complexed but fairly easy if you research Glasser assessment test for sample questions. The face to face interview, after a passing test review, was questions about your work history to see if you are willing to work long hours. The background check and final interview comes last. This process was too long. Noone had updates. It seemed very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Tthere were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Field Representative

The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2010.

Interview Details – I initially posted for the position on the Company website. It was around two weeks for the first contact from an hr rep, an email to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview was very basic with simple factual questions. I was given the date for a group critical thinking assessment. Not bad, only thirty minutes to complete. It was then followed by a 3:1 interview and then a 2:1 interview at the regional office.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!