The Nielsen Company

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – I'm a student so I got the interview through my school's career showcase
1 behavioral Interview around 30-40 minutes
The behavioral interview consisted of
Technical round just going through what you know about programming
Job fit
Then typical behavioral questions.
Why do you think you will be a good fit for Nielsen
Explain a time when you were a leader
Explain a time when you had an problem and show how you worked through that problem

Biggest tip is to have solid communication skills. Make sure not to talk excessively about stuff and try to be relaxed but efficient

Interview Question – Explain a time you had to solve a problem with technology   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Campus Career Fair, Meet and Greet, and then interview. Waited about a month for decision.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you took a task and taught it to someone in a simply way?   Answer Question

Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was very straight forward considering I was still a high school student that was encouraged to apply for a spring internship program by my teacher who had experience with Nielsen. I was asked basic questions like my strengths, weaknesses and career outlooks. The interviewers were both very friendly and inviting and gave me a tour of the facilities. I was notified of my acceptance into the highschool internship program about a week later.

Interview Question – For me personally, I had trouble clarifying my weaknesses because this was my first major interview, so I did not have experience on how to appropriately answer that.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Pretty standard over-the-phone interview. Had maybe two or three conversations on email as well.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – The process involved two rounds of interviews. The first was an on campus interview and it went fairly well though I recommend reading researching in what they actually do, not a broad response but a specific one. The second interview consisted of an on site interview and it also went fairly well as well as very professional.

Interview Question – What do you think you can contribute to this company and why?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – On-Campus interview about 1 hour long with 2 different HR employee 1:1 interviews.

Interview Question – What's the hardest decision you've ever had to make?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2011.

Interview Details – Skills Test - Do the essays first
10 math question
2 essays

SAT - GMAT like math question

Interview Questions

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – My university did a case study with Nielsen where we were given data and had to analyze it and present it with a groups of other classmates. Next there was a mandatory informational session. After that there was an interview and an assessment. The assessment is known to be the hardest part of the process because the test is very hard. Be prepared to logic your way through analysis of data and a logical test including introductory algebraic equations.

Interview Question – Most all of the questions were normal questions asked in an interview. She asked about my past internships, schooling, and why I want to be at Nielsen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given three options of where I could work and could choose from those options.

Jersey City, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call and spoke with the recruiter. She discussed the position for 10 minutes or so and then asked me to go through my resume. next she asked me several behavioral questions that were followed up by a short case discussion. she was very professional and friendly and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you react to a situation that required a quick decision   Answer Question
  • A business is launching a new product into a new market. What should they look for?   Answer Question

Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first was an analytical test, testing both written and mathematical skills.
The second was a 3-ladies panel interview.
The mathematical questions wer algebra and probability questions mainly. The written test was testing how analytical someone is (Case Studies).

Interview Question – In the analytical test there was a probability question that was hard for me.
In the interview : Situation when your integrity was put to the test.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Told me interns are paid a fixed salary, I negotiated on when to start though.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!