The Nielsen Company

Updated Nov 13, 2014
Updated Nov 13, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interviewed through my university. Interviewers were young, very approachable and helpful. Mostly behavioral questions and why Nielsen. Some of the behavioral questions were not those typically asked and might throw people off.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions related to your integrity...a time you had to make a decision that people did not agree with how did you implement it?...a time when you saw something that you did not agree with, what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Intern Interview

After the resume's screening there is a phone interview. The interviewer asked me many questions about my background and education. In particular: why did I chose my bachelor and m.s. and which skills I developed.The interview was quite easy and it was around 15 minutes. The results arrived after one week.

Intern Interview

Attended an initial Info Session, applied online through my University application website, attended a Pre-Night, then had a 45 minute Behavioral Interview. If you were going for a full-time position you had to do another interview in the Chicago office in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a consultative role...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I'm a student so I got the interview through my school's career showcase
    1 behavioral Interview around 30-40 minutes
    The behavioral interview consisted of
    Technical round just going through what you know about programming
    Job fit
    Then typical behavioral questions.
    Why do you think you will be a good fit for Nielsen
    Explain a time when you were a leader
    Explain a time when you had an problem and show how you worked through that problem

Biggest tip is to have solid communication skills. Make sure not to talk excessively about stuff and try to be relaxed but efficient

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to solve a problem with technology   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Campus Career Fair, Meet and Greet, and then interview. Waited about a month for decision.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you took a task and taught it to someone in a simply way?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Pretty standard over-the-phone interview. Had maybe two or three conversations on email as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2013.

My interview was very straight forward considering I was still a high school student that was encouraged to apply for a spring internship program by my teacher who had experience with Nielsen. I was asked basic questions like my strengths, weaknesses and career outlooks. The interviewers were both very friendly and inviting and gave me a tour of the facilities. I was notified of my acceptance into the highschool internship program about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • For me personally, I had trouble clarifying my weaknesses because this was my first major interview, so I did not have experience on how to appropriately answer that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The process involved two rounds of interviews. The first was an on campus interview and it went fairly well though I recommend reading researching in what they actually do, not a broad response but a specific one. The second interview consisted of an on site interview and it also went fairly well as well as very professional.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can contribute to this company and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

On-Campus interview about 1 hour long with 2 different HR employee 1:1 interviews.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2011.

Skills Test - Do the essays first