The Nielsen Company Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 2, 2014
18 interviews

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in April 2013.

3 days after online application, I got a phone call from the associated manager of Online Division. She asked about:
1. tell me about yourself
2. followed by that question, she required me to describe my previous internship experience in detail
3. why I applied this internship opportunity
4. career development plan
then she told me to have a face to face interview with her after 2 days, during which:
1. she introduced the companies and function
2. asked me how much I know about online business
3. questions on my previous internship experience
4. my intention to stay at the company and become a full time employee if they want me to leave

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Employee in Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2012.

A written test and a face interview by three people together, two of them are my future bosses, and the rest is HR.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2010.

I was recruited after one interview by the team I am going to be working for. Team manager, Client Representative and a Business Analyst came to the interview. It was a friendly environment and they were more like chatting and asking about my background, university life and courses. They also asked about my knowledge about marketing research. One of the most important thing was to be long term, start as soon as possible and be able to continue part time 2-3 days during term time. Before the interview, I needed to make a translation to prove my English speaking abilities.

Interview Questions
    • I would not say that there was a very complicated or any technical question. However, I hear that later on the interview process has changed. Now, they first give a mathematical test and translation. Then, HR interview and then interview with the team manager as the final step.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as I was an intern. They had a fixed daily salary.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2012.

Skills test - mathematical (statistic, distribution) tasks and 2 cases.

Interview with HR:
    1) Guide me through you resume.
    2) Why did you choose Nielsen?
    3) What are your weaknesses and strengths?
    4) What motivates you?

Presentation - give recommendations to company, which launch a new product; interpret the graphs and surveys.

No one informed about the final result.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

one round face to face intervire

Interview Questions
    • what is the latest trend you forsee to impact the world.   View Answer
    direct and swift

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

If there is a campus rep, talk to them AND submit your resume electronically. They had an information session the night before which outlines the different opportunities and areas that you can work in. Understanding the day to day operations will help you out in the interview. The interview is roughly 45 minutes and there is a 90 minute test consisting of math and statistic questions as well as two case studies.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about breakdown of Market Share and techniques to influence it.   Answer Question
    • Name a brand and reflect on marketing techniques to shape/change/increase sales for the product.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

There were a one-on-one interview and a test of basic math skills and business instincts. The interview featured two types of questions. One type was how you've applied Nielsen values in your own life and experiences, and the other was asking for hypotheses on what occurred in a market given some parameters.

Interview Questions
    • Listerine is selling the same amount of mouthwash but their marketshare has doubled. What happened?   View Answers (3)

Intern Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2010.

I received a phone interview initially with the typical behavioral questions. I think they are a very results oriented company and they definitely are looking for a lot of formal leadership experience.

They then asked you to take a test which wasn't too bad.

A week after i took the exam they told me they weren't interested. I think i did fine on the exam but i think every position has a different score you need to meet in order to be accepted.

Interview Questions
    • Assume a client comes to you for consultation. Their sales have been flat, but they have actually increased market share. What are some reasons this might happen?   View Answer