The Nielsen Company

Getting the Interview

411 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Panel Relations Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – I had phone interview, then went in for personal interview with testing and was hired within a week. Training was 2 weeks

Interview Question – nothing out of normal interview questions   Answer Question

Client Service Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone interview with their HR. The HR representative just asked questions to check the box on a few key things about experience. They don't necessarily follow up afterwards if you're not a fit.

Interview Question – Questions were typical really focusing on relevant experience to the position.   View Answer

Client Service Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2013.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and then was asked to take the online assessment test. It was mostly logic type questions followed by a personality test. I learned I had passed this test and then was asked to do a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the second phone interview, I went in and meet the person who would be my direct boss and the executive Vice President. I was given every indication that I was a top candidate. Surprisingly, after the interview I never heard back from HR or the hiring manager despite my attempts to follow up. Very unprofessional process.

Interview Question – I was asked to do an analysis on the spot.   Answer Question

Nielsen Field Representative Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2010.

Interview Details – Psychological test. Then interview, Then week long ride along. Then 3 weeks at tech school .

Interview Question – Nothing off the wall or unexpected. Mostly common sense question   Answer Question

Client Service Manager Interview

Schaumburg, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2010.

Interview Details – Talked at an industry function with a Nielsen employee, he then reached out to me based on our conversation and my expressed interest. Interviews were scheduled with VP, Director, and then two "Associate" level folks. I met with VP and Associates first, then went to lunch with the Director I would be working for, which made for a more relaxed final interview.

Interview Question – The VP did ask me to describe how I would handle two situations, one where Nielsen data was correct but the client interpreted it wrong and one where the Nielsen data was wrong, leading client in the wrong direction.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate salary up and vacation up from initial offer.

Associate Analyst Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a contact refer me. I applied online. Took the online test. The online test is primarily word problems and then some personality questions. Nielsen doesn't provide any practice tests. I recommend using the P&G practice test. The online test are very similar (Nielsen doesn't have the shapes relationships that P&G does).

Interview Question – Be prepared for a situational question. For example, Tide detergent sales are slumping and P&G asks why. What do you do?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Other offer that was more in line with the work I wanted to do.

Professional Services Analyst Interview

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school. Two interviews, one on campus, one offsite (if you make it through the second round). They give you and interview buddy beforehand to discuss any questions you might have going into it. They also give you a mathematical/logical aptitude test before you get your interview. The first one was a two-on-one with a recent alum and a manager. Both were incredibly friendly throughout. Most of the questions were behavioral, but there were 3 microcases. 1. What should P&G consider if they want to release a "green" laundry detergent, and should they do it? 2. Successful v. unsuccessful brands. 3. An estimation question.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was the estimation question: Chicago has two main airports, calculate how many people fly out of Chicago on a given day. Tricky only because I thought I remembered my interview buddy tell explicitly tell me there wouldn't be one; so it caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview then in person interview

Interview Question – How would you validate a linear regression model?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Oldsmar, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in August 2011.

Interview Details – You will be most likely brought on as a contractor then hired after 6 months.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working with offshore people who barley speak English?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will not negotiate the salary that they offer.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview Details – Standard initial call with the representative from HR. More concerned with seeing if you can carry on a intelligent conversation than seeing if you are qualified for the position.

Then, an assessment test was scheduled. The test covered some basic math skills/GRE type questions. I would recommend reviewing similar type questions before taking the test.

The process after that was actually relatively painless. It was a 3 hour interview--3 interviews with 3 people spanning from manager to director.

Interview Question – None stand out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but it could have been worthwhile to try. Just depends on how confident you are in getting the position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company interview questions and advice. All 411 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees and interview candidates.