The Nielsen Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

Analyst Interview

The first round was a phone interview which was a general rundown of your resume. Then, the onsite interview involved 4+ individual interviews. Each person was from a different team/category (ie: pharma, CPG). Again, this was going through your resume. They spoke to what their specific did. Questions were about why you are interested in the position. The last stage of the process involved analyzing a data set and creating a presentation of findings and recommendations.

Interview Questions
    • The analytical project was difficult in that I didn't have prior experience with the TV industry specifically so the data and terms were unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2013.

The overall interview process was fabulous. I interviewed in three days for the current position that I am in, and did not have to come back multiple times. The VP of the area went over the job in great detail, and she was able to answer any and all questions that I had.

It was short and easy

GBS Emerging Leaders Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

They were very active on campus prior to our career showcase where they select the candidates to interview. They have on campus interviews followed by an on site multi-day interview in Tampa, FL.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of them were straight forward situational interview questions, very heavily focused on teamwork and working with difficult team members   Answer Question
    Because it is a program with a pre-defined budget there is no room for negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Still in process of interviewing. The initial process is to first speak with HR. After that I had a writing assignment. Once you passed the writing assignment, the next step is to talk to the hiring manager. If you get past the hiring manager you will me meet with the person who you will support. This is still an ongoing process for me.Will keep you posted!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2014.

Phone interview was the first gate as a quick review of past experiences and a review of the position and min. salary. Next was a face-to-face interview with the Sales manager. A number of questions were what if? - explain and tell me how you would handle it.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a house talking about the product with the mother for 2hours - with kids playing all over the place - than the father comes home and asks what you are doing here?   Answer Question

Client Support Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview process was extremely smooth. Granted, I did work with a recruiter who was given my resume by an internal employee, however after the initial interview with the recruiter I was interviewing with the hiring manager within 5 business days. After a phone-interview with the hiring manager, I was asked to come in for a in-person interview for which the hiring manager, and VP flew in to meet me. The in-person interview was very laid back and casual. After touching on my previous role, we discussed why I wanted to get into market research and what my 1 and 5 year goals were. It was nice to hear about career advancement throughout the interview process from all internal people I spoke to.

Interview Questions
    • Why am I interested in Market Research and why do I think Market Research is important?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Typical for Nielsen from what I understand: phone screening by a recruiter, invitation for a first interview on site. Met with two analysts, both very nice. The analytical assessment, which you can learn plenty about here, is absolutely ridiculous. I have an MA in a quantitative discipline and I would not have been able to answer most of the questions if I had not found some of them here. The last time I answered a Venn diagram question was in high school.

I'm going to withdraw from the process, as I am not interested in the job. But honestly, even if I were interested, I am not sure I'd want to work for a company that uses such a pointless screening exam.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Had an interview on campus. Ask many situational questions and also have an online assessment. The interview is done with two people but most questions are asked by a hiring manager.

Membership Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2011.

First by phone, then infield with a manager /associate director. Hotel lobby - very friendly - casual. was given a call back and did a ride along with a current employee and shown what the job was like. Offered a position and sent to Florida for training

None

PT Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2013.

Recruited and interviewed quickly, and left healthcare sales to join media research (sales). Everyone was very friendly. The recruiter told me how to prepare, and was wrong about many of the questions I asked. This was a very unique opportunity, and there is no other work like working for Nielsen.

There was no negotiation phase. I was a temporary employee and was hired by Nielsen 2 months later.