The Nielsen Company Interview Questions & Reviews

449 interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Still in process of interviewing. The initial process is to first speak with HR. After that I had a writing assignment. Once you passed the writing assignment, the next step is to talk to the hiring manager. If you get past the hiring manager you will me meet with the person who you will support. This is still an ongoing process for me.Will keep you posted!

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in May 2014.

Phone interview was the first gate as a quick review of past experiences and a review of the position and min. salary. Next was a face-to-face interview with the Sales manager. A number of questions were what if? - explain and tell me how you would handle it.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a house talking about the product with the mother for 2hours - with kids playing all over the place - than the father comes home and asks what you are doing here?   Answer Question

Client Support Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Interview process was extremely smooth. Granted, I did work with a recruiter who was given my resume by an internal employee, however after the initial interview with the recruiter I was interviewing with the hiring manager within 5 business days. After a phone-interview with the hiring manager, I was asked to come in for a in-person interview for which the hiring manager, and VP flew in to meet me. The in-person interview was very laid back and casual. After touching on my previous role, we discussed why I wanted to get into market research and what my 1 and 5 year goals were. It was nice to hear about career advancement throughout the interview process from all internal people I spoke to.

Interview Questions
    • Why am I interested in Market Research and why do I think Market Research is important?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Had an interview on campus. Ask many situational questions and also have an online assessment. The interview is done with two people but most questions are asked by a hiring manager.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Typical for Nielsen from what I understand: phone screening by a recruiter, invitation for a first interview on site. Met with two analysts, both very nice. The analytical assessment, which you can learn plenty about here, is absolutely ridiculous. I have an MA in a quantitative discipline and I would not have been able to answer most of the questions if I had not found some of them here. The last time I answered a Venn diagram question was in high school.

I'm going to withdraw from the process, as I am not interested in the job. But honestly, even if I were interested, I am not sure I'd want to work for a company that uses such a pointless screening exam.

Membership Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2011.

First by phone, then infield with a manager /associate director. Hotel lobby - very friendly - casual. was given a call back and did a ride along with a current employee and shown what the job was like. Offered a position and sent to Florida for training

None

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2012.

I submit an application online and was contacted by the recruiter. There were two phone conversations and then they assigned a case study to test my aptitude. The case study provided a data set and the instructions to turn it into a 15-slide presentation. After the case study, I was flown into the office for an in person interview where I met individually with three people on the team.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all very standard and, though the process was formal, it was conversational.   Answer Question

PT Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2013.

Recruited and interviewed quickly, and left healthcare sales to join media research (sales). Everyone was very friendly. The recruiter told me how to prepare, and was wrong about many of the questions I asked. This was a very unique opportunity, and there is no other work like working for Nielsen.

There was no negotiation phase. I was a temporary employee and was hired by Nielsen 2 months later.

Field Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2012.

After I applied there was a phone interview followed up by a couple in person interviews. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. Mostly getting familiar with the job and asking me the normal questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2010.

It was fairly easy. Interviewed with two managers, and got a callback the next day.

Solid offer, non-negotiable.