The Nielsen Company

Updated Dec 17, 2014

Human Resources ELP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2014.

I had to apply both online and through the university recruiting system, and was prompted to schedule an interview the week after receiving notice that my initial application was accepted. Although it was a behavioral interview; the interviewer (who was very friendly) and didn't ask the typical questions; rather, she asked on-the-fly followup questions so it felt more conversational. Although I did not get the job, they were courteous enough to call to let me know of their decision. What stood out was their feedback; my interview took the time to explain how I could do better in future interviews, which was much appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest learning experience this year and what did you learn? What are you most proud of in your college career?   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2014.

Had first round interviews on campus. Invited back for a second round interview. The second round is in Schaumburg, IL. It is a two day invitational. Had 7 interviews with senior finance leaders and human resources. Then they have you perform a group case study in which you present for 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about introducing a new product and testing the product using Nielsen's systems?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2014.

Typically, phone interview, then next steps would be to complete an online assessment. Afterwards, if deemed a potential candidate, brought in for face-to-face interviews. Key to success for this role, are to have excellent knowledge of excel and statistical models for solving problems. Basic understanding of regression is useful.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation, when you used regression analysis to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Digital Product Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2014.

I applied through Nielsen's website; about two weeks later I was reached out to by a recruiter. One week after that, I was connected over a phone interview with who I would report to (Director level). One week after that, I had a 1:1 phone interview with a peer who would have been on the same team.

I had to follow up with the recruiter a week after my peer phone interview for next steps; a couple of days later he said he would follow up with me. I then received an automated email letting me know I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to present to internal stakeholders.   Answer Question

Professional Services, Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Applied through OCR. First round was with two interviewers, and the questions were mostly behavioral. However, there was a case and a brain teaser. The case was simple. Walk them through a scenario when a firm wants to release a new product. Brain teaser was how to measure one cup when you have two glasses that measure 5 cups and 3 cups.

Summer Interview

Phone interview, recommended by a professor, asked a lot of questions based on CV and also some research experience I had before. After one round interview, they offered me the internship.

no negotiation

Intern Interview

Attended an initial Info Session, applied online through my University application website, attended a Pre-Night, then had a 45 minute Behavioral Interview. If you were going for a full-time position you had to do another interview in the Chicago office in a week.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were in a consultative role...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

interviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2014.

standard 30 minute phone interview and then was asked to take an assessment. Took assessment and sent a follow up email a week later and never heard from them. I didn't like that there was no correspondence after the assessment. Whether i was moving on to next step or not, i would have liked to know. Bad business practice. I can only imagine what it would be like working there if this is how Nielsen does things.

Interview Questions
    • question about why i would explain a drop in yogurt sales   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2014.

Applied on campus, one 45 minute interview and you will know results within two weeks, technical and behavioral style, with two recent grads, info session beforehand, online assessment, do a walk-through of interview then ask about times when you used quantitative data to solve a problem and two or three case style questions, ask why you are a good fit for their company

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

3 interviews and then sent for 3 weeks training in FL. First over the phone with a placement person, the second was another phone interview and set up in person appointment. Then after the interview, and training period is over there is supposed to be another ride along with a trainer for a week or two, but trainers seemed distracted by personal business.

No negotiation on salary.