The Nielsen Company

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – Talked to HR rep on two seperate occasions. Never directly to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – There were no trick questions. All were expected and required.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Position required relocation.

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2013.

Interview Details – There were a 1.5 hour written test & a one-to-one interview in the first round. After 1.5 week, there were two one-to-one interviews.

The written test was fair, including two case studies and ten simple maths calculations like % and probability. The interviews were simple, asking about background information, experience, etc.

The recruitment process was not quite delightful. They did not answer emails or calls. It is important to take the initiative in contacting them.

Interview Question – Use an animal to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Market Research

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, I was contacted by HR asking me if I could come for the evaluation test the next day, since I was busy, asked for the day after. On the evaluation/HR interview day, met another candidate who was interviewing for the same interview, so while I was doing the evaluation, he was being interviewer and vice versa (in different rooms of course).... Took the test, although i had a language evaluation on top on the usual testing everybody had been talking about here, I wasn't given any additional time so didn't get to finish the language evaluation. After the evaluation, had an interview with an HR lady who look overworked, tired and although she did a good job explaining the job and company, I could see her almost closing her eyes which were completely read, that didn't reassure me about the company. At the end, I had to follow up with her almost 2 weeks after to check the status and was told I didn't pass the evaluation.

My advise is to not let yourself be tricked into taking the evaluation quickly, when they set up the evaluation schedule, they make it seem like routine, easy but trust me you need to prepare as it is a race against time and you need to have few questions and math skills in the pocket before you go..... I am good at testing but think that I made a big mistake by accepting to come for the test after just a day. All my questions were on this site, so ask for at least a week for preparation, take your time and solve every problems here, you should be fine, they are not difficult but you will need to prepare.

Interview Question – The news paper problem talked about here.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company Market Research interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees and interview candidates.