The Nielsen Company

The Nielsen Company Market Research Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2013.

There were a 1.5 hour written test & a one-to-one interview in the first round. After 1.5 week, there were two one-to-one interviews.

The written test was fair, including two case studies and ten simple maths calculations like % and probability. The interviews were simple, asking about background information, experience, etc.

The recruitment process was not quite delightful. They did not answer emails or calls. It is important to take the initiative in contacting them.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2012.

Talked to HR rep on two seperate occasions. Never directly to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • There were no trick questions. All were expected and required.   Answer Question

Position required relocation.

Market Research Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2011.

Applied online, I was contacted by HR asking me if I could come for the evaluation test the next day, since I was busy, asked for the day after. On the evaluation/HR interview day, met another candidate who was interviewing for the same interview, so while I was doing the evaluation, he was being interviewer and vice versa (in different rooms of course).... Took the test, although i had a language evaluation on top on the usual testing everybody had been talking about here, I wasn't given any additional time so didn't get to finish the language evaluation. After the evaluation, had an interview with an HR lady who look overworked, tired and although she did a good job explaining the job and company, I could see her almost closing her eyes which were completely read, that didn't reassure me about the company. At the end, I had to follow up with her almost 2 weeks after to check the status and was told I didn't pass the evaluation.

My advise is to not let yourself be tricked into taking the evaluation quickly, when they set up the evaluation schedule, they make it seem like routine, easy but trust me you need to prepare as it is a race against time and you need to have few questions and math skills in the pocket before you go..... I am good at testing but think that I made a big mistake by accepting to come for the test after just a day. All my questions were on this site, so ask for at least a week for preparation, take your time and solve every problems here, you should be fine, they are not difficult but you will need to prepare.