The Nielsen Company

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2012.

Was first contacted by HR and had a phone interview. He asked basic questions: describe my current role, past roles, salary expectations, then he explained the position to me. Next I was set up for an assessment test. They send you sample questions which is helpful. I passed the test and was set up on a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very basic interview. A few days later I was set up on an on-site interview. I met with 3 different people and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever been in a situation where you haven't met a deadline?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

The interview involves a skills test specifically on statistics, algebra, mathematics, and marketing skills.
    The 1 on 1 interview is fairly basic with questions on goals and situational dilemma.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nielsen   View Answer
    • Walk me through what you would do if a client asked you they deserved better placement in the CVS stores-   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2011.

I was referred to Nielsen IAG from a Nielsen recruiter after having experienced the effects of a hiring freeze from another Nielsen division, NM Incite, earlier. I had reached the final rounds after 3-4 weeks of interviewing and having finished an assessment and was told that they were not hiring after receiving good feedback on my interview performance. I thought there would be much hope with the NYC office in that I had made it past the phone screening and was able to meet for an on-site interview with team leaders of various verticals in the IAG division. After making it through that round they require you to complete a case study consisting of a few questions and an excel data sheet which you are to analyze and put into a 15 minute presentation. Having completed that in the 2nd-3rd week then I moved on to the final interview with the specific team I'd technically be working with. Overall, all the people were wonderful and I would have definitely liked to work there. Unfortunately, I was blindsided once again by Nielsen when they told me there was an immediate and indefinite hiring freeze at that moment again. All the people were great, but I was extremely disappointed and angry at having made it to the final rounds of 2 Nielsen Division in the past 4 months to hear there was a hiring freeze.

Overall I feel it was a battle with corporate bureaucracy that made the process so difficult and strenuous. I definitely feel for the IAG staff and understand tensions of being an acquired company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

very long winded, nothing in the interview really matched the position

ok

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2010.

I was asked simple questions about what I knew about the company and the position. It was a very simple screening interview. Although I was qualified for the job, the interviewer said my GPA was too low and quickly ended the phone call.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

First rounds was a telephone interview with HR followed by an online logical test/math test. If you get a certain score you then get asked to come in for an in person interview with HR Questions included tell me your strengths, tell me your weakness, why Nielsen?
    I then had to wait about 3-4 weeks and got a call back for another interview, case based. The case was regarding how Product A was doing in comparison to Product B. You have about 1hour to put together you analysis on the case and then present it to a panel during the panel interview. There are no right or wrong answers, just make sure you walk them through your thought process.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation, they were not open to it and it was presented as a take it or leave it time scenario.

Market Analyst Interview

Written test for one hour, and then interviewed with two Human Resources Manager for almost 30 minutes, and then interviewed with the associate director for another 30 minutes. It took about almost 3 hours to finish the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    • If I call your boss, what do you think your boss is gonna tell me   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2013.

1. round was an aptitude test.
    2. round was an interview, CV overview, info about position
    3. case study, perform presentation of introduction of MS Excel, meeting representant of the client company were I could be assigned.

Interview Questions
    • Actually nothing unexpected. Test was not difficult for me, you can find some parts of it online.   Answer Question

Better option

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The initial communication was a phone interview where they asked questions like what were your motivations and how much you knew the company.

The face to face interview was almost 2 hours long.
    1 Hour was for an assessment that they administered.
    The other hour was to explain/present your answers.

I got a reply at the end of the day so that was really good in terms of efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • The mini case study was interesting. You just have to cover all your bases and explain/justify your answers accordingly. The important thing is to have a framework and show your thought processes.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

First I was called for an analytical test, which was composed of a numerical section and then a written section. The numerical section involved fundamental arithmetic and statistical problems and probability. There were 2 case studies in the written section. There was some data given and I was asked to analyze that and give a recommendation.

Interview Questions
    • Question on Conditional probability. You need to know the formulas to answer the question!   Answer Question