The Nielsen Company Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in March 2011.

I was referred to Nielsen IAG from a Nielsen recruiter after having experienced the effects of a hiring freeze from another Nielsen division, NM Incite, earlier. I had reached the final rounds after 3-4 weeks of interviewing and having finished an assessment and was told that they were not hiring after receiving good feedback on my interview performance. I thought there would be much hope with the NYC office in that I had made it past the phone screening and was able to meet for an on-site interview with team leaders of various verticals in the IAG division. After making it through that round they require you to complete a case study consisting of a few questions and an excel data sheet which you are to analyze and put into a 15 minute presentation. Having completed that in the 2nd-3rd week then I moved on to the final interview with the specific team I'd technically be working with. Overall, all the people were wonderful and I would have definitely liked to work there. Unfortunately, I was blindsided once again by Nielsen when they told me there was an immediate and indefinite hiring freeze at that moment again. All the people were great, but I was extremely disappointed and angry at having made it to the final rounds of 2 Nielsen Division in the past 4 months to hear there was a hiring freeze.

Overall I feel it was a battle with corporate bureaucracy that made the process so difficult and strenuous. I definitely feel for the IAG staff and understand tensions of being an acquired company.

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Market Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in June 2011.

Normal HR interview. Then goes with Aptittude test contains basic math/stat. Case studies. time is 1 hr 30 mins. The company's professionalism is being visible through out interview process. They know to whom they should offer the Job.

Interview Questions
    • % analysis, Profit-Loss analysis, Return on Investments, probability total 10 questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2011.

The interview involves a skills test specifically on statistics, algebra, mathematics, and marketing skills.
    The 1 on 1 interview is fairly basic with questions on goals and situational dilemma.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nielsen   View Answer
    • Walk me through what you would do if a client asked you they deserved better placement in the CVS stores-   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

I am not sure if Nielsen’s US office follows the same hiring process as Canada but, in any case, this should help.

For the application, Nielsen usually asks for your resume and a cover letter (motivation – why Nielsen). After submitting your application, if you demonstrate to have their requirements, you are expected to get a phone call or e-mail from the HR to schedule a phone interview. That’s the firm’s initial drilling.

Your phone interview will be fairly short and will be for Nielsen to determine if you are interested and just have a quick chat. HR spoke about 5 minutes about the opportunity and then they asked me to tell them a little bit about myself, my background, why I want to join Nielsen and my future career goals. The interview took just 20 minutes and after that they sent me an analytical assignment to complete. You will have 1 day to submit them the test. The HR will contact you back few days later if you did well in the test.

The second interview should take 1 hour and be conducted in person by the head of HR. She will be the person to impress because she determines “fit” for the company. I come from a background of finance so I know that in finance, interviews are competitive and stressful. At Nielsen it is a lot more relaxed and they are really looking for somebody who can fit in the company. So relax, people from Nielsen are nice!

Interview Questions
    • My interview started with she asking me questions from my resume. She asked me how my job related to the Market Analyst position and then she asked me some behavioural questions:

• What a good team was for me and tell an example of a time I worked with a team and achieved good results
      • In my view, how my relationship with the manager should be and how I managed this relationship in the past
      • Why I want to work for Nielsen and what are my future goals
      • What are my three major strengths
      • Where do l think I need to improve

After that she asked me:
      • about my salary range and if the proposed salary and benefits was OK for me
      • if I am legally able to work in Canada, and
      • when I am available to start

They then finally concluded the interview by reviewing the position, the company, the future perspectives and trainings with me.

If you succeed, Nielsen will contact you and you will get a case to present in your final interview along with two managers (people that will work with you – your manager and the account director). So, this third interview will also be conducted in person with the person who would make the final decision about hiring.

For the case, you will likely be given some sales data for Company A and will have to prepare a short powerpoint presentation incorporating this data. This will test three things:
      1. Your ability to analyze the data
      2. You ability to provide recommendations based on the analysis
      3. You presentation style / ability to remain calm and professional
        View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Hanover, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Hanover, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in November 2012.

Was first contacted by HR and had a phone interview. He asked basic questions: describe my current role, past roles, salary expectations, then he explained the position to me. Next I was set up for an assessment test. They send you sample questions which is helpful. I passed the test and was set up on a phone interview with the hiring manager. Again, very basic interview. A few days later I was set up on an on-site interview. I met with 3 different people and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been in a situation where you haven't met a deadline?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2010.

Nielsen asked me to complete a 90 minute long, easy test.

My interview was 1-on-1 and was mostly behavioral questions.

The interviewee seemed exceptionally anxious to get out of the building, which made me uncomfortable. She had been interviewing all day and did not seem interested in me (or anyone else who interviewed that day) at all.

She also asked me one ridiculous question..."have you ever had to make a decision without knowing anything"

Market Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in September 2010.

The phone interview was not that difficult. Hardest questions was to discuss how you would advise a client who wanted to take a product to market. The interview process was a phone interview, in wich I got a call after applying online then doing an assessment, which was ten math questions, and case studies.

Interview Questions
    • How would you advise a client who is considering to bring a product to market?   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

The initial communication was a phone interview where they asked questions like what were your motivations and how much you knew the company.

The face to face interview was almost 2 hours long.
    1 Hour was for an assessment that they administered.
    The other hour was to explain/present your answers.

I got a reply at the end of the day so that was really good in terms of efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • The mini case study was interesting. You just have to cover all your bases and explain/justify your answers accordingly. The important thing is to have a framework and show your thought processes.   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in December 2013.

1. round was an aptitude test.
    2. round was an interview, CV overview, info about position
    3. case study, perform presentation of introduction of MS Excel, meeting representant of the client company were I could be assigned.

Interview Questions
    • Actually nothing unexpected. Test was not difficult for me, you can find some parts of it online.   Answer Question

Better option

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in February 2011.

very long winded, nothing in the interview really matched the position

ok

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!